Omnistat 2 thermostat

billz1

Hi,
I have several rather old Omnistat 2 RC-1000 Thermostats. On one of them, the led lights blue but the detail detail is gone. I tried the front of other thermostats on this base and they are fine. I tried this front on other bases, and it doesn't work. So I have isolated the problem.  I just purchased a new RC-1000 thermostat on Amazon. But when I put the front on the already wired back, nothing happens. The units look identical. Model identical. Jumpers are in the same positions. Do I need to wire the new back to the wall? Shouldn't it simply work. The front does not work on any of my units.  Any ides would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum Billz1

Do I need to wire the new back to the wall?

No.

Shouldn't it simply work.

Yes.

Just a guess here that you new Omnistat2 from Amazon is defective.

To validate this I would wire in the back pate anyhow to test or

Wire it up to a 24 VAC transformer like a spare Elk or similiar AC transformer.

HAI / Leviton repair on Omnistats is very reasonable, in my experience.  It's flat fee and they offer you a reasonable replacement price if not repairable.  Might be a good option if you return the Amazon one.

Make sure you are adding the thermostat into PC Access, and making sure you use the correct ID for the thermostat.

ComponY said:
Make sure you are adding the thermostat into PC Access, and making sure you use the correct ID for the thermostat.
I had a similar problem I bought a new omni stat from Amazon.   How do I add it with PCA (do i need the dealer version) or is the end user ok?  Also you mentioned use the correct ID (where can i find that)  I am still fairly new to alot of this so all the help and detail will be appreciated.  

Update:  After I  installed the new Omnistat it didn't read from the app( got busy doing something else) checked it a few hours later and it was working.  So i guess it takes time for the system to refresh.  I do not know if there is a way to make the system scan for new devices or not.

Louis019 said:
I had a similar problem I bought a new omni stat from Amazon.   How do I add it with PCA (do i need the dealer version) or is the end user ok?  Also you mentioned use the correct ID (where can i find that)  I am still fairly new to alot of this so all the help and detail will be appreciated.  

Update:  After I  installed the new Omnistat it didn't read from the app( got busy doing something else) checked it a few hours later and it was working.  So i guess it takes time for the system to refresh.  I do not know if there is a way to make the system scan for new devices or not.

I'm not sure if the regular PCA has it. I have a dealers version. However, there should be a tab called "Thermostats." You will have to go to the physical thermostat press the wheel in, and go to "Setup." Then go to "Installation Settings." After that, click continue (when it shows warning), and check what the ID is. You'll have to match the ID in PCA, to the one on the thermostat.

If it's not in the regular PCA, contact me... I can connect to the board remotely, and program it for you if needed.

hey thanks for the offer,  but it came up after a few hours and is working now. I am going to order the Dealer PCA so i don't have any issues going forward 

Back