Omnistat2 not communicating with Omni IIe

davetres

Hi,

I bought a omnistat2 (RC-1000) and an extended range outdoor temperature sensor. I wired everything like the installation manual said.

My outdoor temperature sensor is wired to zone 10 and I have set zone 10 to extended outdoor temp. Everything is fine with this. I can see the temperature sensor in PC Access no problem.

The problem is I don't see the thermostat in PC Access. I verified the wiring continuity between the omnistat2 and omni IIe and everything is ok. It is wired to zone 16 and output 8, as the manual said. I also rename the zone 16 to "Tstat" in PC Access but no thermostat appeared after. Communication is set to serial and I tried address 1 and 2.

Is there any other configuration I need to do so I can see the omnistat2 in PC Access ?

Omnistat2: RC-1000, version 1.05b-zha, V14.27

Omni IIe: firmware 3.7

Thanks in advance!

Do you have the ground wire attached as well?

Is the J8 communications jumper labeled “COMM JUMPER” on the thermostat printed circuit board in place?

What address is the Tstat set to?

If you are talking about the ground wire from output 8, yes it is connected to black wire going to thermostat. I double checked the jumper and it is installed. The omnistat2 address is set to 1. I also tried 2.

Any way to troubleshoot? Thermostat seems fine but theres a outdoor temp sensor fault message since it cannot connect to system and use the extended range outdoor temp sensor.

Thanks!

Have you checked continuity?
Do you know for sure the wiring is intact between the controller and the Tstat?

Are you powering the Tstat from the HVAC?  Is there a common available?

Did you change any of the default serial settings in the Tstat?

I checked the continuity of wiring from controller to Tstat. I even connected a second wire just to try but it didn't work.

Yes i'm powering the Tsat from HVAC. There is a 24VAC (RC) connected to terminal 1 and the common (C) connected to terminal 3. My system is Dual fuel heat pump. I also have set it in the settings of omnistat2.

At first I didn't touch anything in the settings else than system type "Dual fuel heat pump". But after I tried different serial connection settings. No luck.

Seems to be something bad with either the Tstat, zone 16 or output 8 on the controller.

I have tested output 8 and it is working. I've send a command to output 8 to be ON for 30 second and it did provide 12v for 30 sec.

I notice that when I go in PC access, under the status/Control tab, zone 16 is NOT READY (loop 254).

Any ideas?

Back