OmniTouch 5.7e first boot

pete_c

Guru
Testing before implementing an OmniTouch 5.7e.

I plugged it into the network via a POE connection. Appears to be booting but sits at the "Connecting, Please Wait ..." screen. It never leaves this screen.

I reset it by pressing the button adjacent to the LED and it goes through the boot process and goes back to the "Connecting..." screen.

If I leave it the screen goes dark until I touch it and see the "connecting..." screen.

Checking firewall it appears to be getting a DHCP address and I can ping it.

Next boot - answering my own question - don't see this mentioned in the manual. I just see:

Returning to the configuration page
To return to the Configuration Page at any time, press on any blank space on any page of the OmniTouch 5.7e Touchscreen, and hold for 5 seconds.

I touched the left hand bottom of the screen while in the "connecting..." screen and it went to the configuration.

I configured it for a static IP and configured the HAI OPII keys rebooted and all is well.

I configured it for a static IP and configured the HAI OPII keys rebooted and all is well.

That's just as well. Most routers expire DHCP leases after a period of time (24 hours with mine), and the 5.7e doesn't have the ability in the current firmware to request a new one. Configure it with a static IP address and there's no problem. That's really the way it should be done anyway with a device that remains connected all the time.

The 5.7e will automatically renew the lease when it expires. Most routers will renew with the same IP address indefinately. Some do not, some do only until the router is restarted. It is best to statically assign Ip addresses so you are not at the mercy of the router.

Back