HAI OmniPro II / OmniTouch - A Good Replacement?

Houston22

I would be interested in your thoughts, please. Last year, I bought a home that has the HAI OmniPro II with three of the OmniTouch screens. I found out this system was discontinued years ago and very few organizations can service it or provide help. Right now, I used it for lighting but want to get the security features up and running too.

Two questions. 1) Does anyone know a company in the Houston area that might be able to help me with it (i.e. set lighting when I am traveling)? 2) If I wanted to replace the HAI with something that can use the same wiring in the home, what system would I want to investigate?

I recently found this group while doing a Google search on the HAI OmniPro, you guys seem to be the only ones out there with detailed knowledge. Impressive knowledge. I thank you for any help you can provide.

Not sure about companies in Houston. I replaced my HAI system with an ADC (Alarm.com) solution from a company named Surety (which also does monitoring very reasonably). It used all of my current wireless sensors, but options for others. I already had Lutron Radio RA2 which also transitioned to being used by ADC (RA3 would be better). They also support Zwave and others (I have Zwave locks). I already had Control4 as my control system for our home and it integrated completely with the ADC panel, etc. You will need a Control4 dealer to get that started, but you can do a lot of your own programming (you do need to pay a yearly fee for this). I guess it all depends on what you are willing to do yourself and budget/ongoing costs. Still have a lot of great HAI equipment which all works perfectly. Likely will get around to selling at some point.

Back