OmniTouch 7

The latest 3.13 on my HAI omni PRO II

I rebooted the OT 7, checked the interfaces, all get metadata from the Russound usb dock, mac mini interface, tuner and sms3 except the ot 7.  Unless I am missing something somewhere, is there a trick to getting it working?

We had a power failure the other day. Power to my modem, router and OT7 all out. When the power was restored, the OT7 just hung probably because the router was not fully up and operating. Had to kill the power to the OT7 to get it working again. They should put some logic in the unit to do an auto reboot if there is no connection or have a button to "try again". Not sure I want to put a UPS on my router just for the OT7 to work after a power outage. SJ

I know hai keeps saying big things to come but the OT7 was completely rushed. Why release a half baked product? Release a solid product and people will love it.

rhombixt,

In 3.13 and OT7 1.6 we added support in the controller so that it will send out changes to metadata as Omni-Link 2 notifications only when the metadata changes. This way Ethernet devices no longer have to poll for that information, less network traffic, etc.

It was designed to be backwards compatible, but maybe there is something amiss. This is the first report. I'm having it checked out now.

Thanks,

Aaron

rhombixt,

We set up a Russound with Dock, OT7, and 3.13 firmware and it's all working. Can you PM me and I'll get some more info so we can try to replicate the issue?

SJHart,

What do you mean it "hung"? What did it do/ not do? Did you see the Leviton Logo with connecting?

I too had the issue with the OT 7 hang after a switch reboot - a little reset button under the unit would be handy. I had to pull the ethernet to reboot it.

Also, if one makes any configuration changes the the system in PCAccess, the OT7 does not reflect changes until a hard reset.

aard3 said:
rhombixt,

We set up a Russound with Dock, OT7, and 3.13 firmware and it's all working. Can you PM me and I'll get some more info so we can try to replicate the issue?

SJHart,

What do you mean it "hung"? What did it do/ not do? Did you see the Leviton Logo with connecting?
Yes, when the power came on it started to boot up and tried to connect. When it failed because the router was still in the process of booting up, it just hung with the Leviton screen with no messages. After some time, the display would turn off, but if I touched it, it still just showed the Leviton screen with no messages. Pulling the power made it reboot and then it connected as the router was now back up. Thanks. SJ

I finally got some metatdata to show up on the screen from the SMS media server, it was very slow , it updated after about 3 min into the song and then froze. The best part was when I turned off the zone, then the metadata updated and stayed there in the window for the zone I turned off.. except that the metadata that was showing actually belonged to a different zone that was active and using a different source.

Garage was on the dock
Lower floor on XM radio

Turned off the garage zone with the frozen metadata from the dock, it updated with the metadata from the XM radio playing on the lower floor.

Firmware for Omnitouch 7s have been updated to 1.6.   Several  of touchscreens are still randomly freezing up. Power cycling  temporarily get us back up and going, but customers extremely disappointed. Any timetable on new firmware to address issues?

Good luck with that.

We had a six-figure project and another smaller one go south over these touchscreens. I spoke with several people at Leviton who gave me the "your business is important" response and promised updates but after badgering them for more than six weeks they stopped responding.

In our case, we saved the client by installing iPad minis in all the locations, running Haiku. We lost money but saved the relationship.

I highly recommend you look for a Plan B. Leviton is uncommunicative on this - whether due to trying to bury HAI, or due to resources focused on the OmniPro3, it doesn't really matter if you're already hanging out to dry with your client.

#notbitter

I can attest to the locking up issues.. this is a new development with the new code. I will go to use the touchscreens and they will just say LEVITON and power cycling is the only thing that fixes the issue. I am not faced with the customer asking for the entire system, all 4 expansion panels and wireless to be replaced. I understand Honeywell makes something similar automation wise, I don't know about intergration with other systems but their products have no issues with stability etc. Anyone have experience with Honeywell? My last two calls in to support have gone un answered with any help to fix these issues so I am officially dropping the product due to lack of support, the issues with the touchscreens and the fact I have two of these new in the box, un-used because this has gone so badly with no hope in hell of it ever getting fixed.

Saw something that they are updating to do camera pop ups based on events. Good news, but hopefully they continue to address any issues that folks are having although mine has been working perfectly since the last firmware. SJ

SJHart said:
Saw something that they are updating to do camera pop ups based on events. Good news, but hopefully they continue to address any issues that folks are having although mine has been working perfectly since the last firmware. SJ

That is exciting!  Where did you see this?  I am curious if there is an ETA.

Back