One wire and ELK...

I currently am testing 2(3) different humidity sensors in my basement. Two of them are combo's (1 HB and the other is Midon Design). One of them is the WebControl device Michael has mentioned. I run a dehumidifier in the summer with the AC on. I try to keep humidity levels between 30-35 or so.

I use 6 devices now to gather my data. (Temp05, 2 Temp08's, 2 9097's, HAI Panel and Webcontrol device). Each 1-wire network has a unique mix of sensors. The HAI panel sensors haven't changed in about 5-7 years.

I am currently testing with one Temp08 and Webcontrol device. In addition I have a few Temp and Temp/Humidity sensors connected to my HAI panel.

One network is dedicated to water flow sensors with two dual counters connected to two flow meters.

One network is just a barometer with a couple of temperature sensors.

Another one is more or less just weather info (rain guage, lighting sensor, wind/direction some temps)

Currrently only one network has a direct connection to my HA box. The rest of the 1-wire networks are using XaP either directly connected or virtually connected (Quatech box)

Here's an outdated and high level drawing. I would consider the 1-Wire part of the drawing dynamic in that I am adding / subtracting devices all of the time. The combo humidity/temperature sensors on the second floor / first floor of the home though haven't changed in 6-7 years now.

Elk support of 1-Wire multiple devices would be a definitive plus. (IE: adding weather station, barometer, etc)

What exactly is the 1-wire add on for the Barionet-100 that you mentioned and how much is it?
My plan (assuming I would eventually add other 1-Wire types) was simply to use a serial adapter like the Hobby Boards 9097. With this one, it seems that some considerable custom programming would be required.

pete_c (thanks!) in the preceding post shows the way forward with a range of options.

Michael, that looks promising. At that price I may pick one up to try out.
Pete, that's quite the setup you have there. What are your thoughts on the WebControl by CAI so far?

I'm wondering about it's reliability and simplicity. Time to go read the manual.

Thanks!

Back