Ooma Help

Thank you IVB.  Sticking to my Panasonic 2-line wireless phones for time bean. 

Testing / goofing around with a few DECT phones I purchased a while ago.  They look like gigaset DECT phones.  I was able to pair them up with the Telo and can dial out and receive calls on them just fine.

Trying to see if I can ring line two to the DECT phones.  Line one is patched over to the Panasonic phone lines.  I ordered a Linx on Sunday via Amazon.

Thinking that the Linx will be #4 on the DECT connections.

DECT-3.png

Got the Linx today and installed it.  Works fine.  Did a CS call to have the new ported number ring via whatever was connected to the Linx. 

Works great.

Thank you BSR.  Yup doing that with the Pansonic connected phones.  I had Ooma connect the other DECT phones to the 2nd line.

Kind of a hodgepodge of phone lines here as I use the second set of DECT phones for two more phone lines plus still using one cell phone line in the mix of phones. 

Happy with Ooma customer service today as response times to my needs were excellent.

IE:
1 - enabling premier service
2 - second line
3 - number porting
4 - enabling Linx / DECT extra phones to second line took some 3 minutes for CS to do.

Might try the Amazon Echo thing to see how it works.

ooma-amazonalexa.jpg

Thank you BSR.  Yup and have had GV now for a long time such that I also use that these days.

Cell phone is typically off and if on incoming calls are rerouted such that I do not get bugged if that makes sense.

When you have Ooma attached to a wireless phone system with multiple handsets you can Bluetooth link your (an multiple) cell  phone(s) to it.

When your cell phone rings, in it's charging connection at the other end of the house, Ooma picks it up and you can answer with your friendly handset system wherever they are located.

The only caveat is, BT seems to kill all cell batteries quickly, so something like Tasker, on an Android, to turn BT on and off automagically, depending on being connected to the charger, would help.

Thank you Larry.

Typically keep the cell phone off in the house or when left in the car. 

I do though have one non primary cell phone line that connects to the house.

Back