PC Access and Windows 7

nexus99

I am trying to install this and it runs the first time after install... but any time after that it dies. Is there a version that I can run on Windows 7?

Also, where is the config file stored so I can grab it as I migrate computers?

Thanks!

I have been running PC Access on my 64 bit Windows 7 computer since 3.0 was released. What version are you trying to install?

Ok, you are attempting to run PC Access 3.0, but what is the build version? 3.0.0.? If you are not running build 3.0.0.485 or later (current version is 3.1.0.494), there is likely a compatibility issue related, especially if the Windows 7 RC you are using is 64 bit.

If you registered the software upon installation, contact HAI support at [email protected] and they will confirm your registration and resend your confirmaiton email to you. You can use the download link in the email to download and install the latest release.

I am also running it on Windows 7 64 bit. The particular version of PC Access 3 is important. some of the earlier version had problems with Vista 64 and Windows 7 64 bit. The latest release of PC Access is 3.1.0.492. Build 492 works great on Windows 7 64 bit.

If you are having problems installing an older version on Win7, go to another machine that has the latest version. Look in the "My Document\HAI\PC Access\download\" folder and the the setup for the latest version. Put it on a CD ot thumb drive and install that version on Win7.

Anyone know where a download of the most current version of the software is available? I can;t find it on the web site. The 3.0.0 version is definately buggy with 64 bit oses.

If it runs once after install, then while it is running, check for updates, and download the latest version.

If you have it on any other machine that is not running Windows 7, 64 bit, or Vista 64 bit, check for updates on that machine. You can then copy the installer from that machine and install it on the Win7 system. (See my previous message.)

If you have no other machines sent a message to tech support. Provide you name, e-mail and serial number. They will send you a "Registration Resend" e-mail that has a download link. NOTE: The admin software can only send it to the registered e-mail address.

Out of couriosity, what version are you currently running because the 64 bit issues have been resolved for some time now?

If it runs once after install, then while it is running, check for updates, and download the latest version.

If you have it on any other machine that is not running Windows 7, 64 bit, or Vista 64 bit, check for updates on that machine. You can then copy the installer from that machine and install it on the Win7 system. (See my previous message.)

If you have no other machines sent a message to tech support. Provide you name, e-mail and serial number. They will send you a "Registration Resend" e-mail that has a download link. NOTE: The admin software can only send it to the registered e-mail address.

Out of couriosity, what version are you currently running because the 64 bit issues have been resolved for some time now?

I was able to dig up the origonal email with the download URL and tweak it to grab the 3.1.0 version. I had been attempting to use the 3.0.0 which issues with 64 bit OSes. 3.1.0 is good to go though.

Back