Portable HDTV

Squintz

My kids are playing sports 5 days a week now and I am going to be missing NFL games all the time. I figured with broadcast being digital now that portable TVs can't be all that bad. However, I keep seeing ads for Portable HDTVs but when you read the specs none of them are actually HD. Does a portable HDTV exist? If not then what is a good quality portable Digital TV?

What is your definition of a portable TV?

If you are looking for some small TV with a 5-9" screen that runs off batteries, then I doubt we'll ever see a true HD TV with that small of a screen. 480i would actually be a much more enjoyable resolution with such a small screen size. You might even be able to read the score at that resolution on that size screen - something that would be impossible at even 720p.

Since analog OTA signals have gone the way of the dodo-bird, it would require a digital tuner to pick up the local stations. Some manufactures may be advertising they can receive HD signals, while the resolution is actually lower than HD quality.

Hi Squintz;

I am not sure were I saw it maybe one of the weekend news paper inserts , there appears to be a portable unit made for autos.. I am sure a web search will find you something. I think it might have been the PEP Boys flyer.. Hope this helps you in your quest.. 
Of all places it appears to be Taget were I saw it..

My kids are playing sports 5 days a week now and I am going to be missing NFL games all the time. I figured with broadcast being digital now that portable TVs can't be all that bad. However, I keep seeing ads for Portable HDTVs but when you read the specs none of them are actually HD. Does a portable HDTV exist? If not then what is a good quality portable Digital TV?

Back