Problem with OmniPro II system after ROM upgrade

drfergu

I have an OmniPro II from 2002 and an expansion board and a wireless receiver feeding into the main board.  I just tried upgrading the ROM from 2.3C to 4.0B and had problems with the wireless transmitters not working so I went back to the original ROM and the problem is still there.  When I use PC Access to turn on or off all the lights they all work but trying an individual light on will not work  The status screen will show a light turning on but it does not actually happen .  I also notice that the status LED on the physical expansion board is flashing the four times per second and I have confirmed that the wires connecting the two are tight.  Also my control panel does work and it is connected to the same two terminals on the main board.  The wireless receiver is also connected to the same two terminals.  Do you have any ideas of  the problem or additional steps that I can try? 

What type of wireless receiver? I know that several times when upgrading my firmware, my GE wireless transmitter seems to freak out. I have to completely power down the panel (pull the power and unplug the battery). Didn’t do this on the last few firmwares, but may want to try it. SJ

I second that. The GE receiver really goes crazy. You'll probably want to call your alarm company before upgrading as they will get lots of alarms.

SJHart said:
What type of wireless receiver? I know that several times when upgrading my firmware, my GE wireless transmitter seems to freak out. I have to completely power down the panel (pull the power and unplug the battery). Didn’t do this on the last few firmwares, but may want to try it. SJ

ano said:
I second that. The GE receiver really goes crazy. You'll probably want to call your alarm company before upgrading as they will get lots of alarms.
I believe I have found out the problem.  When I put in the new PROM it appears that while the automation instructions remained intact, all the system parameters were wiped out.  Therefore the main board did not know about the expansion board or the wireless key receiver.  Since I just moved into the house, I have no setup sheets for the system and the company that put it in is long gone.  Fortunately I did print out the system prior to this so I have some of the necessary information to rebuild the setup but not all of it.  

Did you backup your system with PC Access before upgrading?  If you did, you should be able to restore it as well. If you have the "user" version of PC Access, not all is backed up, but the "dealer" version does backup and restore everything.  

I did make a copy of the system with the pro version of PC Access.  When I reload any of my old versions the controller shows the expansion card, and the wireless receiver that is set up as 4 expansion units, due to the number of remotes I have.  While the controller thinks that it is able to communicate with the expansion boards, the expansion boards are not communication with the controller.  The physical expansion card has the status light flashing four times per second and the wireless unit can receive signals from the remotes but the controller is not receiving data from the receiver.  It appears that the controller thinks everything is fine but inputs on the expansion cards do not show up when looking at the status screen in PC Access.  Using PC Access  I can send a command to turn on and off all the switches that run lights and that works but a command to turn on one switch does not appear to work.
In looking at the setup for the expansion cards it is confusing what is suppose to be set up in terms of the type of card.  I am using the 17A01 expansion card.

Back