Reinstalled windows and forgot how to get ELKRP working

I haven't done this in a while but I think that I can feel my way through it,

Did you export your old account settings?

Mike.

You begin by creating a new user account and I believe that you will need to know your RP access code. The default is 172839. If you changed the code and do not know it there is a way to reset the panel that I don't recall at the moment.

Then enter the user info and use XEP setup to find the Elk on the network. After configuring the XEP you can connect to the panel and receive all setting from the panel.

This is as well as I recall and should get you started. If you get stuck I'm sure that we can get any necessary details from the installation manual which you can download from Elkproducts.com.

Mike.

I want to add that you lost your rules if you did not save or export your settings. You can receive settings from the panel but rules are not stored on the panel, they are stored in the account file on your computer.

Mike.

mikefamig said:
... you will need to know your RP access code. The default is 172839.

Correction, Mike. That's the installer code.  The RP code is 246801

mikefamig said:
You begin by creating a new user account and I believe that you will need to know your RP access code. The default is 172839. If you changed the code and do not know it there is a way to reset the panel that I don't recall at the moment.

Then enter the user info and use XEP setup to find the Elk on the network. After configuring the XEP you can connect to the panel and receive all setting from the panel.

This is as well as I recall and should get you started. If you get stuck I'm sure that we can get any necessary details from the installation manual which you can download from Elkproducts.com.

Mike.

This worked.  I will have to write it down for next time.
Thanks everyone

Back