Remote thermostat control

Mike P

Hi, Does anybody have any fairly inexpensive remote thermostat control that you are using with success? I'm looking at something for my second home, I don't want to get to fancy, just the ability to view and control the stats via iPhone. I just looked at Redlink by Honywell, anybody have positive feedback on this approach? Any other suggestions? I have to keep this inconspicuous as the wife will kill me. She thinks I went way to crazy on our primary home. But when I can tell her that she can turn the heat up in the winter before the 4 hour drive for a small upfront cost, I'll survive. All advice would help....Mike

The 3M Filtrete 3M-50 is a decent ~$100 thermostat (or the equiv Radio thermostat model) that uses the free Radio Thermostat and app to give remote access. The thermostat interface is easy to use to change temp but for anything more, pull out he book or use the app. As far as reliability of the remote access, it has been working well for over a year.

I just purrchased the CI-300E wifi last week.  Not installed yet.
It is rebranded Filtrete 3M-50 or CT30 wifi.  They go under a few different rebrandings I think.
I decided to get it because it wasn't pricey the API is well documented.
Tim

Back