Service Request

Curious. Only thing I can say is maybe it's something driven off a wireless device? Strange since it it's not documented and can't be created via RP or as a custom entry.

When I asked, Elk responded: "It may have fallen into a “unsure what to do with this report” and 616 is a generic log but I’m speculating and can’t say for certain."

Sounds like a stretch to me, especially if undocumented and doesn't correspond to a log full, 80% or similar report. Keep in mind, I deal with CID, CS and reporting almost daily, including building templates, working with the automation software and the physical and virtual receivers and panels. Something isn't adding up here.

Elk provided this additional clarification:

"I suspect at your Central Station Code 616 is a generic fall through event code, but in your case we do know what caused it. The root of the problem was a CS (telephone #3) set as a backup for a voice dial (telephone #2). You don’t want to program a backup for a voice dial. Because in this case: if the voice message (triggered from a Rule) doesn’t get acknowledged by the ‘#’ key for its 2 attempts, it will then call the CS. And since it was triggered from a Rule it doesn’t have any relative report codes to use. That’s why it reported 616 to the CS. And also because it didn’t have relative data it used the Rule’s voice message # 229 as the zone number to report.  Removing telephone # 3 as a backup to telephone #2 should resolve the issue."

This, for all intents and purposes was the issue, as stated by Elk. Dialer improperly configured and prioritized. I'd have to see the program and know the intent of sending CS reports as a secondary reporting method as this would be considered non-standard by most in the industry.
DELInstallations said:
You have 2 other reporting phone numbers/accounts/methods? Maybe because I put these things in professionally, I'm always using the first 1-2 "numbers" for reporting to the CS and anything past that would be reporting items such as the voice dialer or whatever.

Back