Simply Automated US1-40 Dimmer with OMNI Pro

oakguy

Hi,

Do these Simply Automated UPB switches work just like the HAI 35A001 switches?  Like to see if I can save a few dollars here.

Thanks
Oakguy

Yes, the switches are quite similar.  My setup uses a mix of HAI, Simply Automated & Pulseworx switches interchangeably.

PCS now has a small free application that changes a UPB Pulseworx switch (firmware maybe?) to an HAI UPB switch.

Personally here over the years went to using all SA UPB switches / OmniPro UPB mode which work fine for me.

Do these Simply Automated UPB switches work just like the HAI 35A001 switches?

If using OmniPro UPB mode they do.  If using OmniPro HLC mode they do not.

I run all my SA and Pulseworx switches in HLC mode.  It's just a matter of setting up the correct links.  Pretty sure that is all the PCS UPStart program is doing to support other switches for HLC (I do not believe there is any firmware change involved).

trying to find a SAI us11-40w myself and they don't appear to be for sale online any more at any of the well known automation sites.  currently taking my chances at a place  called smarthome-products.com but order hasn't processed for several days now.

SAI made great products.  I’ve used them for 10 or 12 years (60 devices active) with no failures.  Unfortunately I think they have gone quiet.  The website URL is now suspended, they don’t return calls or emails, and my local dealer hasn’t carried their product for a year or more.  Really too bad because I like the UPB functionality and SAI products were perfect for me.

Anybody out there know for sure if they are permanently out of business, or just on hiatus?

btw .. I tried Smarthome 2 years ago and had no luck.  Order was never charged or fulfilled  ???  Sorry.

The owner of SA died in 2018, and they haven't been the same since then.  The changeable faceplate was a great innovation, but I have had many failures of their switch contacts, the physical switch the button presses. 

1) The first SA mistake was when they made a low-cost version to sell at Fry's Electronics, for the home "DIY" but it turned out mainly dealers bought them to save money, and they lost money on every switch.  2) Their second mistake, in my opinion, was when they didn't upgrade their firmware when the 2.0 standard was released, which mean their switches don't support a repeater. PCS wanted money for the firmware, and SA didn't want to pay it.  Web Mountain, which paid for the 2.0 firmware would buy the SA switches and upgrade them.  I have several and they work good.   

Looks like another one bites the dust. 

Back