Haiku Space Questions/Troubleshooting/etc

I've been using Buttons effectively, however am a bit perplexed setting up Scenes in both Space and Haiku:

1. is there a way to rename the scenes?
  2. it seems that Haiku scenes A-D equate to scenes #2-5 in Space?
  3. in Space, scene #0 is reserved, and defaults to Off?

I'm using RadioRA (classic) RS232, which has 17 possible Scenes (phantoms), so accept that I can only use the first 4 in Haiku and the first 11 in Space.
Any tips or best-practices regarding Scenes?

mtgoat said:
I've been using Buttons effectively, however am a bit perplexed setting up Scenes in both Space and Haiku:

• is there a way to rename the scenes?
  • it seems that Haiku scenes A-D equate to scenes #2-5 in Space?
  • in Space, scene #0 is reserved, and defaults to Off?

I'm using RadioRA (classic) RS232, which has 17 possible Scenes (phantoms), so accept that I can only use the first 4 in Haiku and the first 11 in Space.
Any tips or best-practices regarding Scenes?
The next update will enable all 17 scenes. As for best practices, I am not too familiar with how RadioRA scenes work. Perhaps another user can chime in?

Simple question.  How do I use Space app on my cellular network.  The app works on my wi-fi network, but I cannot get it to connect to my HAI OPII via cell service.  On Haiku I use port forwarding, but I haven't been able to fine details on how to do this with Space.  Can someone give me directions or point me to a post with this information?
Thanks,
Geoff

bighorn said:
Simple question.  How do I use Space app on my cellular network.  The app works on my wi-fi network, but I cannot get it to connect to my HAI OPII via cell service.  On Haiku I use port forwarding, but I haven't been able to fine details on how to do this with Space.  Can someone give me directions or point me to a post with this information?
Thanks,
Geoff
For setup, from Space home screen:
   [Action] button > Show Controllers > Edit > (click on controller Name) > verify both external Address and Port

To enable cellular, from Space home screen:
   [Action] button > Space Settings > verify that Use Cellular Data is ON

Bushy said:
OK, I have about 20 X10 units setup and I have just realised that now some units show ON/OFF and others show DIM/BRIGHTEN. There was NO issue before I upgraded to ver 1.10 so it appears a bug has been introduced.  
Have you checked the setup in PCAccess? That's because there're 2 kinds of X-10 control in OP II: "plain" X-10 and extended X-10. The plain X-10 does not support bright/dim and if I remeber correctly the slider won't show in Haiku.

To view rooms you say use the extended setup, which displays fine in Haiki, but in Space, the rooms page is blank.

Even when I turn on "Show Controllers" in setup in Space, the controller setup doesn't show up.

Turning on "Text to Speech" doesn't seem to do anything.

Choose Refresh Configuration from the home screen action menu to load your rooms configuration.

Show Controllers will let you choose what controller to connect to whenever Space is launched.

Text to Speech will announce certain events etc via voice.

lupinglade said:
Choose Refresh Configuration from the home screen action menu to load your rooms configuration.

Show Controllers will let you choose what controller to connect to whenever Space is launched.

Text to Speech will announce certain events etc via voice.
Thanks. I never realized the square with an arrow coming from it was got to configurations. Isn't that the icon Apple uses to "share?"  I thought the gear was configurations?  

In the latest version of Space I am unable to rename or change icons for control units or flags in the last row. I can rename and change icons for all rows above the last but when I tried to hold and rename/change icons for items in the last row it brings up another item. Seems to be a positioning issue.

wdeertz said:
In the latest version of Space I am unable to rename or change icons for control units or flags in the last row. I can rename and change icons for all rows above the last but when I tried to hold and rename/change icons for items in the last row it brings up another item. Seems to be a positioning issue.
This is actually an iOS bug, but it should be resolved in the next Space update. Thanks!

In latest Space version Zigbee units are not showing up. The Zigbee units show up and can be controlled in Haiku.

At least for me Zigbee units do show up in Space.  BUT....  With Zigbee locks I can only Unlock a Zigbee lock if Space THINKS its locked and vise-versa. That would be nice if lock status was always perfect, but it is not. Please add both Lock and Unlock no matter what state you think the lock is.  

Also, in Space, you you can send the standard HLC scenes (UPB links) ON, OFF, A, B, C & D, but I don't see any other way to send UPB links that aren't part of a room scene. 

The lock/unlock being unavailable is a known issue and will be fixed. You can issue UPB links via Buttons as usual. The controller does not keep a list of named UPB Links, so having a section for it would not be useful.

Back