Haiku Space Questions/Troubleshooting/etc

I've had problems with SPACE several times. On an iPad, iOS9. When the iPad wakes, Space attempts to refresh, but it doesn't. Ball spins forever. Killing it and restarting fixes it for this time.

Trying to add iBeacons. I go to controller set up, smart triggers, add, It come up with 2 Add Geographical Regions button and a Cancel button. How do I add iBeacons.

gpoland said:
Trying to add iBeacons. I go to controller set up, smart triggers, add, It come up with 2 Add Geographical Regions button and a Cancel button. How do I add iBeacons.
This will be fixed in the next update.

Are you guys not doing any support for Firestream? You list an email address for support, but I've sent an email in on Monday...here it is on Friday and no response.

heathen3017 said:
Are you guys not doing any support for Firestream? You list an email address for support, but I've sent an email in on Monday...here it is on Friday and no response.

We certainly are! We did not receive your e-mail though, odd. I will look into it. You can email me directly at my user name at cyaneous.com. Thanks!

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but this problem is driving me crazy. I purchased my home and the builder automatically installed an OmniPro LTe as well as installedSnapLink. Being a bit of a design and UI snob, I was very excited to see Space coming out as it looked significantly better than SnapLink. I'm also primarily a Mac user, so this seemed like the right move. 

I was mainly drawn to the notifications and location based services offered by Space. I bit the bullet and purchased the iOS app, but am disappointed that it really just seems like SnapLink reskinned. 

From what I've read it seems like the notifications (alarmed tripped, etc..) will need to wait for Space Helper whenever that comes out, but I thought with this app I would be able to set up some sort of Geofence to trip triggers. For example, noting when I'm within a 10 mile radius of my home and turning on my thermostat or something like that. 

Can you currently set up geofences? If so, how? Please excuse my innocence as I'm just getting in to this hobby. Thanks. 

Hey Mooryan, I use 'Geographical Regions' (as Space calls them) and they work well. You can also setup triggers using iBeacons but currently Space has a bug preventing this.

To setup a Geo region goto your Controller setup then scroll down to 'Smart Triggers' then 'Edit' then press + to add a new region. You will see you get two prompts to 'Add Geographical Regions', one should be Add iBeacon... this is the bug that will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers
Scott

Bushy said:
Hey Mooryan, I use 'Geographical Regions' (as Space calls them) and they work well. You can also setup triggers using iBeacons but currently Space has a bug preventing this.

To setup a Geo region goto your Controller setup then scroll down to 'Smart Triggers' then 'Edit' then press + to add a new region. You will see you get two prompts to 'Add Geographical Regions', one should be Add iBeacon... this is the bug that will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers
Scott
Ah, there it is! I never would have found that. Thank you so much for your help!

gpoland said:

lupinglade said:
This will be fixed in the next update.
Any idea when the next update will be?

Maksim is there any update here?  Just wondering what the story is if space will ever be written and rolled out?

Given the interminable delays and apparent lack of responses on here I think Space is exactly where it's gone. So many promises broken, timelines missed, no Space Helper, the list goes on and on. If I recall correctly, Space was announced almost two years ago and we still don't have a product which functions as well as (the still viable) Haiku does. The last major announcement/excuse is they were redesigning the interface!

IMHO Space is dead...

If anyone has already switched to another product, please share with us. Especially if it has a "helper" equivalent (PC or Mac.)

avpman2 said:
IMHO Space is dead...

The best thing here would be for them to post Haiku and HaikuHelper back in the app stores so people could still purchase if they wanted to use them.

We have a brand new solution that will replace both Space and HaikuHelper, it is far beyond what we had previously. We are currently in early Alpha testing. It will be worth the wait. We are looking for some experienced testers, message me if you are interested and willing to provide feedback. You will need a Mac running 10.12. We are especially looking for testers with Insteon hardware installed.

Back