Tasker and Arduino

dementeddigital

I just saw this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.autoarduino

For those using Android and Tasker, it looks like this app allows Tasker to control an Arduino based on a Tasker action.

I could see this being very useful for HA.  With an Arduino "middle man" between your phone and HA system you could have Tasker arm your alarm and turn off lights when you put your phone on the nightstand (using an NFC tag there).  Maybe you get up in the middle of the night, you could flip your phone over and then the lights could turn on dimly.  Or this could reduce the volume of music when your mobile phone has an incoming call. 

Endless options.  Just add some Tasker actions and Arduino code...

Edited to add:
I just installed it, and it is limited to pins 3 and 4 on the Arduino, unless you buy the unlocked version.

yeah, i have a subscription to all the AutoApps, there's some seriously cool stuff if you use Tasker as that bridge.  IE, I have my Moto360 take my pulse every hour, it sends to CQC which then logs into a SQL*Server. Thats also the lynch pin for my fuel sensor. (Tasker reads a CSV file created by Torque Lite, then tells CQC)

In addition to Arduino->HA engine, there are "multi-subsystem" integrations Tasker could enable. IE, if the doorbell rings (somehow trapped by Arduino) and Tasker Location shows you're at home, vibrate your watch. Or, other HA events you want to have your watch pulsed on, but only if you're at home.

Although Tasker seemed daunting at first, i'm pleasantly surprised by how easy it is once I oriented my mind. I still haven't figured out scenes, every time I start trying I get lost very quickly.

Back