Those that view Mjepg with iphone/ipad

My wife's iPhone is on iOS9 and YouTube has no issues on her phone - Apple would have a LOT of complaints if they broke YouTube functionality! Many don't realize but YouTube is the #2 search engine on the web.

I'm still on iOS8 personally - just haven't got around to upgrading it yet.

It's a vivotek IP video server and the cameras are made by Onq. The thing is, this all works great on my iphone 5 that I just retired on ios 6.1. Any new apple device on ios 9 freezes. Every one I've tried.

Better yet can you draw a diagram of the cameras, video server and IP access along with the make and model of the cameras and server?

Jason B said:
It's a vivotek IP video server and the cameras are made by Onq. The thing is, this all works great on my iphone 5 that I just retired on ios 6.1. Any new apple device on ios 9 freezes. Every one I've tried.
I am an amateur when it comes to video equipment but I know a little about computer systems and I wouldn't immediately condemn IOS for your problems. I understand that eyeseeu works on the old iphone and older IOS but don't you think that it is possible that eyeseeu has a problem with the new IOS?

It's not uncommon for an app to have compatibility problems when a new IOS is released and the app author has to publish updates to correct them. It may also be a hardware incompatibility. I am still using a first generation IPAD that won't run IOS newer than 5 and doesn't run a lot of apps properly.

You mentioned earlier that there is ethernet cable connected to the cameras which tells me that it is an IP camera. I would take one cam and cable it directly to the ethernet gateway and see if it works. If that works then try adding in the vivtek server.

Mike.

The app just goes directly to the stream, it isn't the app unfortunately. If you try it in mobile safari browser on the iphone, same thing. That's what I've been doing. Trying other peoples iphones, and all of them freeze the feed that are on newer firmware. 

This is older, but similiar issue. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22608774/mjpeg-broken-on-recent-mobile-safari

Now, since you are on ios 5, it wouldn't freeze for you on your ipad, but would if you had newer firmware. DO you also have an iphone? which firmware?

<p>We are viewing three foscams using a first gen ipad, an ipad air and two iphone 6 w/ios 9</p>

<p>Cams are using h.264 compression if memeory serves me.</p>

Works fine on my iPhone (iOS8) via Safari, but doesn't even load the video window from Chrome. Not sure when I'll be able to pry my wife's phone from her hands to try on iOS9

Yup, just tried it on her phone... same as you're getting. The first time it ran for about 10 seconds and I thought it was good - then it froze. After that if I would refresh the page, it was 2-4 seconds only.

I just viewed and was able to pan around the room with the Foscam fi8910 using safari on my iphone 6 ios 9.1.

Mike.

Jason

I logged into your cameras with my iphone 6 ios 9.1 but I can't tell if they are freezing because there is no motion in the images. I am able to change from one camera to the other and view three of the four or all at once. The fourth image seems to not be available and has an icon with an X through it.

Mike.

Back