Those that view Mjepg with iphone/ipad

I logged into your cams using my first gen ipad ios5 and I can not view the cams. I get logged in and see the menus but there is a square box with a question mark in the center where the image should be.

I still say that I would try downloading free versions of different cam viewer apps to see if any work in IOS 9. It just may be that one of the more well supported apps will have corrected the problem.

Mike.

Pinch and zoom in. You'll be able to see the pixelation in the feed. Use cam 2. When the pixelation stops (remember to zoom into the image) it's frozen. Use direct link above.

drvnbysound said:
Works fine on my iPhone (iOS8) via Safari, but doesn't even load the video window from Chrome. Not sure when I'll be able to pry my wife's phone from her hands to try on iOS9
Yep, that's the issue I'm having also. It works on ios 8 and older. It didn't load in chrome because chrome doesn't have the same java capability as safari. By using the browser, it lets us bypass the app, but all the app does it show the direct mpjep stream.

drvnbysound said:
Yup, just tried it on her phone with ios9... same as you're getting. The first time it ran for about 10 seconds and I thought it was good - then it froze. After that if I would refresh the page, it was 2-4 seconds only.
Yea, ios 9 is for some reason blocking MJPEG.

If you can't overcome your problem with IOS9 then I have another idea for viewing the cams from your iphone. You could remote into a computer in your house (via RDP or similar) that runs a browser to access the cams. Not a great solution because It is an extra step and requires that you run a pc all day but it would work and it beats upgrading all of the cameras. I have a computer that sleeps all day and I wake it with a magic packet when I need it to stream music and stuff.

Mike.

Thanks, yea. This was such a simple thing to do before, and now it doesn't work.

I JUST tried my friends Android Galaxy S6 Edge phone and it works flawlessly!!! This just sucks. How am I going to get a company like apple to fix this? I called them and they won't let me talk to any engineer's, they will only relay the message. They won't test my link to try and view the videos and said it's a security risk and they can't open it. Argh.

I wonder if this is something the jailbreak community could fix?

I wouldn't be surprised if they just stopped supporting it all together - mjpeg is an old codec and since there are simply better and more modern ones I could foresee them just moving on. OR, it could just be a bug fix in an upcoming iOS release... no way to know.

I hear you, but apple phones do support mjpeg.

Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.

Directly from apple.

did anyone resolve this?  I've had the same problem since ios 9. Phone that i have not upgraded to ios9 works fine. video permanently freezes after a few seconds of streaming.

Nope. You have to call apple and complain. Any IOS 9 does this! Ios 8.4 does not! Apple iphones list MJPEG as a supported format and now they are lying. Any new Samsung phone will do it, and other phone except one on ios 9.

myjamaica said:
And my camera streams mjepg to the ios. does not matter which browser i use on ios 9. same result.
update to ios 9.2. Seems to have fixed it!! Let me know how you make out.

Back