Premise Transmitting UPB Links

Motorola Premise
Seems that the custom block MUST live in the Default Module. So the above attached module has been fixed.

NOW it works like a champ. Finally my buttons will do something :)

Sam, I've encountered a problem with the custom Logic Block you posted.

I reset my Premise server and started with a clean slate. I imported the XDO and Premise threw an Alert; it could not digest a LinkObject described in the XDO.

LoadStringValue() failed for property 'LinkObject' on object
'sys://Schema/Modules/Default/Classes/ChangeText/'
-- contents: '{89A408E8-0E7B-4879-8B38-4318C079AF19}'

I chose to Ignore the Alert and the Default Module was populated with a new class called ChangeText. The class contains the following properties:
Input
Reset
Result
Text
and a nameless class icon ... that would be the unresolved LinkObject that Alert carped about.

When you look at the Changetext class, what do you see as the first entry in the Content Workspace? The first entry for a custom Logic Block should be the FunctionBlock class and is created for you when you use the Class Wizard.

BTW:
Custom Logic Blocks can reside in any Module and not just the Default module. If that's not true for you then something is amiss somewhere.
Try importing the attached XDO and let me know if it works for you. It should create an IncrementBlock residing in a MyLogicBlocks folder. The IncrementBlock is an example from Premise's Help file.

NOTE:
I deleted the unamed class and pasted in the FunctionBlock class (copied from IncrementBlock) into Changetext. I exported and imported Changetext without throwing an Alert and it happily sits in the MyLogicBlocks module.

Attachments

• MyLogicBlocks.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 26
Thanks 123. I think I have it now, but I only have one server, so please let me know if you have any issues.

I have updated the file and the image in the original post.

So far all seems to be working well here.

Also discovered that it's seems more reliable to connect the result from the EQ block to BOTH the scene/device and the OnDelay block simutaneously. I was getting some unread button presses with the other method.

And you only need one OnDelay block and one ChangeText block for all of the buttons on your switch. For instance I have four EQ blocks representing the four buttons on one switch, with four scene/device blocks and one of each OnDelay and ChangeText.

Just connect all of the EQ block result outputs to the single OnDelay block input. Then connect the result output of the single ChangeText block to all of the EQ blocks input 1.

Hope that makes sense.

Back