Premise UPB Driver

Motorola Premise
The only info I get from Upstart is the same info that shows in the image I posted above. Is this the info you need?

Thanks

Ok all the info I get on the modules from Upstart is as follows

Module 1
Unit ID 1
Network ID 074
Firmware 4.24
Network Password 0E19
Serial Number 0000
Phase S

Module 2
Unit ID 2
Network ID 074
Firmware 4.15
Network Password 0E19
Serial Number 0000
Phase O

Hope this helps. Also what do the 2 different phase numbers mean? Does this mean that the 2 units are on the two different phases of my house?

Also, do you know if the firmware versions of these devices can be updated?

Thanks again

Well, I may have sent you down a dead end. My apologies. It looks as though UPStart does not provide the numerical product ID. Premise does. What's strange is, that even if the Premise driver doesn't support the module, it should still see it and report it as Unknown.

Try this. Leave the PIM connected directly to the PC, not the Elk. Make sure the network setting is set to the correct serial port. Make sure that the communication failure setting is not True. Then check the box labeled Force Network Enumeration. That forces Premise to do a complete scan of the UPB network. You should then see the 2 devices show up as unknown something or other. If they do, then they should have the info I am looking for in the Device Base section of the Properties Pane.

The fact that you could get the info you did via UPStart means that the UPB network works fine.

OK I just tried this and for some reason I cant get the PIM to communicatie via the serial port on my computer that is running premise??? Anyway I also found some more info when looking at the UPBSA properties today, not sure if these numbers mean anything to you?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 8
If anyone else was following this nov0798 had both UPStart and Premise running simultaneously, therefore Premise could not see the serial port. So now Premise can see the UPB stuff. It doesn't solve the issue of using the UPB devices through the Elk, but at least we now know it works.

Back