Water Shutoff Valve

No one answered, and I've been super busy the last few weeks (not even getting online on the weekends - family stuff).

So, there is interest in the larger bore-full flow, non-restricted Stainless Steel Food Grade?? I'm not sure what the price was/is, but if people want to know, I can ask.

--Dan

I haven't read any of this thread, but I have been reading a good deal about house ground and bonding elsewhere.

I'd have concerns about disrupting the cold water ground, with a valve, and some valves may need to be jumpered - bond before and after the valve. I have no idea if a stainless valve would be an issue.

I'm attempting to use a cold water pipe for a satellite dish ground, and have been researching. Thought this popular thread might be a good place to drop this.

NEC, I think, says no grounding to cold water pipes, unless within 5' of the house entrance, anyway. But I think the cold water should be grounded, throughout.

All, to answer the questions about costing, our friend Ms. Ava Gu states:

"Hi, Dan,

For your reference, KLD100 B3 stainless steel full bore 2-way valve is Fob Tianjin USD 103.70 (1” NPT), USD 106.20(1-1/4” BSP threading, no NPT).

Now for 1” full bore, there is NPT stock. For 1-1/4”, there is no NPT stock.

Yes, now KLD100 Series have food standard seal. The same with 1-1/4”. Have a nice day."

Alrighty then ... I'm good to go with the KLD100 1" full bore ss and a KLD20 1/2" ss valves.

I'm really looking forward to some benevolent member posting a how to regarding wiring the internal micro switch to report on the valve's open/close state like bucko did. Here's hoping the KLD valves has the same switch.

Thanks again,

Chris

KLD100 B3 stainless steel full bore 2-way valve is Fob Tianjin USD 103.70 (1” NPT)

Put me in for one of these, Dan.

Thanks,
Kevin

FYI everyone, I've not forgotten about this, but life (well work) is getting in the way (esp. with the holiday coming).

As soon as I am able, I'll get the totals reworked and contact the seller. See what final pricing is, when I get everything settled with everyone on the list, I'll get the order placed.

I am still intending on just using USPS to ship out from my house to everyone's...using something like a flat rate box or something (just to keep costs down). Unless I find a better way that ends up about the same price. Any inputs from the group is appreciated.

--Dan

Given the importance of this item, it makes sense for me to spend the money on the right valve. The KZValve valves are rated for outdoors and are waterproof (NEMA 6P) and include a manual shutoff. I can get the KZValve for under $300. Unlike the WaterCop and Elk valves, the KZValve needs power applied to keep the valve closed. For me, that's not a big deal as I would have it on a UPS and I have an automatic whole-home generator.
Hi Kevin,
I too live in FL (west central) and have a 1" PVC connected to my water softener outside which would be a perfect spot for a shutoff valve. Would you be able to provide any specifics on the KZ Valve you were interested in? Do you know if it would work with the Insteon I/O Link Low Voltage Contact Closure (Item #2450) from Smarthome? I apologize but apparently since I am new (1st post) here I can not add URLs yet.... Hmmmph

Thank you Sir,
~Lou

Welcome to CocoonTech, Lou.

Info about KZ Valves can be found here . Prices are higher than I stated since I have a wholesale account with a distributor.

The valves that Dan is working on should be good for you. I'm back on board with getting one as soon as he gets pricing.

Good luck,
Kevin

I've not forgotten. This is the first time in ~1week since I've been able to get on here.

I've been hitting 50-60hours/week the past month or so. Appologies for anyone that needed this sooner.

--Dan

Back