Why do(n't) you like visiting CocoonTech.com?

The new forum look/layout won't even be remotely similar to this one, for the good, so hopefully this will address most of these cosmetic issues.

I agree - that little icon saves a LOT of scroll-wheel time!

Let me apologize to most of you for not posting my current setup and things I've done over the years. I did that back on the HS board and on my personal web site when I didn't have a digital camera, but haven't done much here. Now that I'm moving, I'll be starting over in large part, so I'll be bringing along the good ideas and projects, leaving the bad and failed ones behind! I'll take digital pics and post here as I build out the new place.

As to the board - I agree, the best asset here is the collection of people, with my hat's off to Electron, BSR, Automated Outlet (Martin), and all the posters and nightly chat visitors. They all bring perspective, experience, humor, and generally a great atmosphere to the CocoonTech "cuckoo nuts" community!

I would like to see a little more fine management capability in the New Posts workings. Specifically, it appears to just work based on a visit to the board for all forums right now. Once I visit the board, all NEW tags are cleared, whether I've viewed them or not. My next visit doesn't show me posts that I didn't read on my last visit - it only shows the posts that were made since my last visit.

I'd like to see the NEW flags based on viewing the forum they are in, or even down to the thread level, so if I don't finish reading it all in one sitting, I can come back tomorrow or later today and hit New Posts to pick up where I left off. I don't know if the new software has that capability. Perhaps an RSS feed for each forum would take care of this.

Other than disk space and upload limitations expanded, for larger pics or files, that's about it.

aaaaaaaaahhhhhh,

I never even tried clicking on that little icon, UGH.....

Well, That was my new thing I learned today. Now I can go to bed until tommorow.

:angry:

StevenE

Several of you have mentioned you would like to see less subforums etc. If you have any suggestions on how you would like to see things categorized, you might want to post them now, before I actually start working on this

Maybe striking a middle ground would do... I really like the ability to hide entire sections (think HS board). This way I can view them one section out a time, making it easier on the eyes and brain.

I'm with huggy on the "New" flags... I'd like it to be setup that they dont dissapear just because I visited once (without reading the thread).

I also would love to know what your main reasons are for (not) being happy with CocoonTech.com, what brings you back,

The script I wrote... not sure whats wrong with it

1: Goto 2
2: Goto 1
3: End

:angry:

I love the site in it's current state, so I can just immagine what's to come will be all that much better!

I have seen mention of the download section:

I do not know how the new site is going to be used, or the power of that forum ect. But perhaps a MAIN posting of the download itself, screen shots, full explination and all other relevant stuf, then a sub topic, to discuss that particular download.

My thoughs would be that one page would list all the downloads, and have links to actually dowload them, then the sub-thread for discussion. Also a rating system, similar to what HS's board is using for rating perticular posts. This would make it very easy to navigate, and user friendly.

To keep it consistent, possibly a form, that the uploader would fill out, instead of just a full text field.

Ea:

ABC.zip [ScreenCap] [Downloaded 23 times]
Rated: XXX 1/2 Stars
This does this and this
Here's is how to install it and other stuff ect...
[CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD]
[CLICK HERE FOR DISCUSSION/MORE INFO]

Acme.exe [ScreenCap] [Downloaded 13 times]
Rated: 4 1/2 Stars
this does this and can also do this
[CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD]

Widget.zip [ScreenCap] [Downloaded 73 times]
Rated: 5 Stars
The widget is used for.... and can....
[CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD]

Making this similar to many major download sites like TuCows and Download.com. It's a tried and true way to organize downloads and browse the selection.

On another note, a graphics library has been discussed a few times, and I think would work out VERY well for this board! There are so many talented people here that do some great graphics work, and share this work, but it is scatterer all over the place! Such images as icons, .fla's for MainLobby use, Graphics for custom ASP pages, garage door open, closed, light switches, animations.... slide bars and so on..... I have a lot of custom Icons and graphics I would definately post!

Just a couple suggestions, and I cant wait to see the next step in the CooCoo Nuts forums! :)

Back