ElkDroid & MyKeypad Connection Problems

dlbelter

Have a Samsung Note 2 and cannot connect to my Elk M1 with either ElkDroid or MyKeypad.
Ekeypad on both the Ipad and Iphone connect just fine.
Is there a firmware version req'd for the Droid apps to connect?

no, but you need to provide some more details here.  r u on wifi, cell, what IP?  entering a URL?  ports?  did u try an internal 'lan' hard ip if on wifi?  correct username/pwd?

I also have the Samsung Note 2 and the MyKeypad  and have no issues connecting. Make sure all of your settings are correct. The password & user  for the M1XEP and the user password could be different in your case so make sure you use the right ones. What error messages are you getting?

I have tried on my internal wi-fi and the IP address for the xep given by the rp software.  I also tried connecting w/ 4g using the ip address to the outside using secure port 2601.  elkdroid says it is connecting than times out with a javanet read timeout and crashes.
I have the same username, passworn, code, ip address that eKeypad on the iphone sucessfully connects with??

dgn said:
Have you tried contacting the eKepad developer?
He said eKeypad work fine - it is myKeypad and ElkDroid that has the problem.

When I had this problem with myKeypad I had to set up a user specifically for myKeypad and make sure "Access" is NOT checked.

dlbelter said:
I think I remember another time when BSR said use an account with access not checked.  I will try that.
Yes, that problem was what was preventing me from disarming/arming the system.  I could always connect to the device though.

Try that first, then if that doesn't work, try to connect via WiFi and enter the 'internal' IP of the Elk XEP (it should be something like 192.168.xxx or 10.2.xxx).

Tried connecting to the Elk with ElkDroid with the internal IP 192.168.1.6 and WI-FI.  Gets past authenticating screen and loses connection at the synchronizing screen.  Same behavior when I try to access via the external IP and 4G.  The account I'm using has Access not checked.  ElkDroid then crashes.
Can connect with Iphone and eKeypad both ways.  I'm at a loss now.

with MyKeypad (free version) it hangs at the fetching pane Data screen with wi-fi and 192.168.1.6 IP.  Hesitate to buy Pro version when App can't connect to panel.

I am trying to follow your attempts at connecting however some of it seems a bit confusing.

If you are using 4g you will need to make sure you have opened and forwarded port 2601 to the Elk's IP Address. If you are on your own local network (wifi or wired) you still need to make sure myKeypad is connecting to 2601. Not sure if this helps but it was an issue I was having yesterday that sounds similar to your issue.

Yes on both accounts.  I have 2601 forwarded to the Elk's IP address.  I have tried connecting through the local network and also through the external IP address. In both cases the connection fails at the login using both ElkDroid and myKeypad.  It's funny because I can connect using my son's iPhone and eKeypad using the same connection information.  I sent an email to the myKeypad developer and he said it was failing at the login, and I should create a new login account.  I did that and it still failed.  What xep and M1 firmware are people using that can connect with a Droid?  Is it newer than what is required for the iPhone?  RP shows that I have Boot version 3.2.2 and Firmware 4.4.10, this is the only thing I can think of.

Back