Low Battery event on keypad not recorded in ELK RP log

Bubbba

There is probably a simple answer to this but i couldn't find it in the documentation (please excuse my ignorance).  When I disconnect the terminals from the backup battery on my ELK M-1 Control, I get a low battery message on my keypad, but there is no parallel event recorded in the ELK  log (ie the log downloaded and viewed using the ELK RP software).  Is there a reason for this? 

Also, is it reasonalbe to assume that any event viewed on my keypad should be recorded in the log (downloaded using the RP software)  and vice versa?

A system LB should be in the log.

Do you have report codes programmed? I don't do standalone, but that might be part of the reason why it might not be there.

So according to Brad at Elk, this is how it works (as I understand the explanation):
"The M1 System checks for Battery Voltage every 4 hours starting at Midnight with the Primary Battery Test being performed at 4:00 PM (1600) everyday. If the battery is not connected at 0000, 0400, 0800, 1200, 1600 2000 hours the system will display “Low Battery” and LOG this event. If you power up the system without a Battery Connected the keypad will display “Control Low Battery” as well."
However the status window of the ELKRP program will display the low control low battery event real time.  So if you check the the status window(using the RP software), you will see the control low battery status real time in the status window (under "System Alarms and Troubles") .  However you will not see this same event in the log file unless it occurred at one of the 4-hour intervals or  during power up as cited above.  The log viewed with the ELK RP software and viewed through the keypad should agree.

Please correct me if I've mistated anything.....

I'd go with Brad's explanation....I've spent many hours talking to him over the years since the M1 first came out, not to mention who he works for.

Basically, what he's saying is the M1 does what most every other panel does in some form, treat the battery as a tag along event for the log, but the real time comes across as it happens, which is similar to almost every other manu's panel out there.

Back