1 wire lcd issue

FrankMc

Hi Eric

I received my moisture boards and lcd board today (many thanks)

Currently testing one of the moisture boards which works fine with my OPN-ONE device ..but it doesnt pick up the lcd for some reason....Have buzzed out pins 4 + 5 on the rj45 sockets and they appear ok ....got 5v on pin3 of the dallas chip.....Another OPN-ONE use has confirmed that the OPN-ONE can read the ds2408 ok.....
any ideas ??
Thanks
Frank

Currently testing one of the moisture boards which works fine with my OPN-ONE device ..but it doesnt pick up the lcd for some reason....Have buzzed out pins 4 + 5 on the rj45 sockets and they appear ok ....got 5v on pin3 of the dallas chip.....Another OPN-ONE use has confirmed that the OPN-ONE can read the ds2408 ok.....
any ideas ??
Thanks
Frank

Frank,

I'm not sure what you are saying when you state that it doesn't pick up the LCD. Does it not see anything when you plug it in? Do you have a PC with the OneWireViewer that you could test the LCD on?

Eric

any ideas ??
Thanks
Frank

Frank,

I'm not sure what you are saying when you state that it doesn't pick up the LCD. Does it not see anything when you plug it in? Do you have a PC with the OneWireViewer that you could test the LCD on?

Eric

Hi Eric

Im using the opn one hardware device which polls for any 1 wire device on power up....I have tried several times but it still doesnt detect the lcd.......

No i dont currently have OneWireViewer....

Frank

Hi Eric

The OPN-ONE device currently supports the LCD Board..so it should see it when i plug it in and reboot the OPN-ONE but it doesnt....Does 1wireviewer work with networked based 1wire devices such as OPN-ONE???

Thanks
Frank

Hi Eric

The OPN-ONE device currently supports the LCD Board..so it should see it when i plug it in and reboot the OPN-ONE but it doesnt....Does 1wireviewer work with networked based 1wire devices such as OPN-ONE???

Thanks
Frank

Frank,

No the OneWireViewer runs on a PC and uses a standard USB or Serial adaptor. I was asking you to try that to make sure that it is not a problem with the OPN-ONE.

Eric

Hi Eric

My opn -one is working fine as it sees my ds18s20 sensor and the moisture sensors...

Im going to order a light sensor so i might get another lcd unit and a spare chip and give that a go..

Thanks
Frank

Just an update

New board lcd works fine...

so i took the soldering iron out and replace my first smd device on my suspect lcd unit ....managed to damage a couple of tracks removing the old chip....anyway the lcd now works with the new chip ...

Frank

Back