1 x 8 Channel I/O (4 Relay Version) problem

jurdim

Hello:
I have a question regarding 1 x 8 Channel I/O (4 Relay Version)

After installing the I/O card that i ordered april first it appears in my 1-wire web directory but the only way i can switch a relay is by entering a number in the PIO.BYTE field using the 1-Wire Web Directory, the numbers are
1= r1 on
2= r2 on
3= r1+r2 on
4= r3 on
5= r1+r3 on
6= r2+r3 on
7= r1+r2+r3 on
8= r4 on
9= r1+r4 on
10= r2+r4 on
11= r1+r2+r4 on
12= r3+r4 on
13= r1+r3+r4 on
14= r2+r3+r4 on
15= r1+r2+r3+r4 on

I can't switch them on in PIO.ALL by changing 0 to 1 or by marking the appropriate box in PIO.0 thrue PIO.7
When i try to adress it using winscp and PuTTy where i use the following command in the commandline: echo 1 > /tmp/1wire/29.EA6D04000000/PIO.0 it should switch on relay 1 but is does not.

I installed the I/O card without any changes to its factory settings i dont have the external 12V or the external 5V connected.
Can you tell me whats wrong or what i am doing wrong.

Grtz Jurgen

Did you get my reply to your email you sent to support?

Eric

Hi Eric
took me a while to read this sorry
yes i received your reply
As for not being able to access it in any other way than using PIO.BYTE, that sounds like a problem with OWFS.

Eric
Hope you dont mind the quote and i agree it is a problem in OWFS maybe someone has as solution to this, If not i could contact the OWFS developers.
The problem is that the I/O board has 4 or even 8 relays but it only has one 1-Wire ID if each relay had its own 1-Wire ID for instance by using 1 1-wire switch DS2406 for each relay it would be no problem under OWFS
I have the script to switch the relays on/of with the linksys NSLU2 based on temperature i just need to name it fil in the correct ID for the relay and on/of it goes based on the temperature thats in the script

I dont know if the problem also appears with any other software but a relayboard like this one:
ds2406_relay_switch.JPG
and even better completed with an rj12 or rj45 in with a loop out could prove to be a very handy little relay switch that could be added in to a 1-wire circuit very easily at different places within the circuit.

Jurgen.

Did you figure out how to switch each relay?

I have one of Eric's 4 relay boards.
Not sure about OWFS, never used it, but in VB.net you use container29 and this is how I switch relay 0 on the board

Owd6 is a variable that I am using for container29
DS2408LatchChannel = 0 in this case for relay 0 or 1 for relay 1, etc
DS2408LatchState is a boolean and is either True or False

Owd6.setLatchState(DS2408LatchChannel, DS2408LatchState, True, CType(state, SByte())) 'set latch channel and latch state
Owd6.writeDevice(CType(state, SByte()))

Hello:
I have a question regarding 1 x 8 Channel I/O (4 Relay Version)

After installing the I/O card that i ordered april first it appears in my 1-wire web directory but the only way i can switch a relay is by entering a number in the PIO.BYTE field using the 1-Wire Web Directory, the numbers are
1= r1 on
2= r2 on
3= r1+r2 on
4= r3 on
5= r1+r3 on
6= r2+r3 on
7= r1+r2+r3 on
8= r4 on
9= r1+r4 on
10= r2+r4 on
11= r1+r2+r4 on
12= r3+r4 on
13= r1+r3+r4 on
14= r2+r3+r4 on
15= r1+r2+r3+r4 on

I can't switch them on in PIO.ALL by changing 0 to 1 or by marking the appropriate box in PIO.0 thrue PIO.7
When i try to adress it using winscp and PuTTy where i use the following command in the commandline: echo 1 > /tmp/1wire/29.EA6D04000000/PIO.0 it should switch on relay 1 but is does not.

I installed the I/O card without any changes to its factory settings i dont have the external 12V or the external 5V connected.
Can you tell me whats wrong or what i am doing wrong.

Grtz Jurgen

First, try using the uncached sub-directory, ie.

/tmp/1wire/uncached/29.EA6D04000000/PIO.0

You'll see results immediately instead of after the OWFS software cycles through everything.

I have never gotten anything but the ".BYTE" to work on PIO (with a DS2406).

I'm using OWFS on a Power Mac G3 running Debian Linux.

Back