2 New Zwave products!!

Thanks for sharing. Its a shame that I am starting to lose trust in HomePro though. I am afraid to expand any more on my setup because it seems the none of the software developer have been able to get a solid platform and HomePro them selfs are doing a fairly poor job at answering my questions I sent them.

Did Intermatic ever get their color problem fixed. Their light switches were neither white nor almond nor beige. It was impossible to find a wall plate to match the color. I liked their switches but stop buying them because of the color. It would be interested in the wall outlets but if they are that weird color, I will pass

- Mike

Is there a writeup anywhere of the firmware versions in the various ACT controller/remote control products and what is required to support what Z-Wave module types and so forth? And is there any way to get the USB controllers upgraded to the most recent firmware?

I still have the original sylvania remote. Does it work with any of these new devices?

I'm going to sign up as a dealer for smarthomeusa then I'll pick up one or two of the outlets. I'm also picking up the outdoor module for christmas lights..

I can then answer your questions. But I'm surprised at the low price more then anything.

I consider $35 to be a low price for the outlet compared to $90 for some of the newest Zwave products from ACT.

Of course these is the retail price. And if the Dealer price is low enough and anyones interested I could pass it along. :angry: :huh: :)

Dean Roddey said:
Is there a writeup anywhere of the firmware versions in the various ACT controller/remote control products and what is required to support what Z-Wave module types and so forth? And is there any way to get the USB controllers upgraded to the most recent firmware?
No I don't think there is anything.

I'm sending my last old version remote out for disassembly by a electrical engineer since I wasn't able to find a broken remote. He is going to try to see if flash upgrades are possible. It's a possibility and ACT just doesn't want to deal with it. I'll post complete pictures when he finishes.

I really don't understand ACT but maybe they will release some documentation. I also don't think it's something that me or you (not sure) can do. But hopefully he can figure something out as he seems very interested and knowledgeable in Zwave.

In our latest contact he has found the "In-Circuit Programmer for the
Microcontroller ICs used in the Wireless Controller". To me this seems like the Algebra class I just dropped :angry: But I'm sure others here understand it.

Rupp,
How do you address those outdoor modules? Do they have the dials like x10 modules (can't tell from the pics).
TIA,
HH

hhnew said:
Rupp,
How do you address those outdoor modules? Do they have the dials like x10 modules (can't tell from the pics).
TIA,
HHS
No you have to use the "thing" that looks like a wall module to program them. Once they are programed they remember their settings. I'm not sure for how long but we've had several power outages and they still work so it must remain in memory for a while.

I'm sending my last old version remote out for disassembly by a electrical engineer since I wasn't able to find a broken remote. He is going to try to see if flash upgrades are possible. It's a possibility and ACT just doesn't want to deal with it. I'll post complete pictures when he finishes.

What's even more important, from an automation system standpoint, is the USB controller. I'm sure it can be upgraded. If you buy the Z-Wave hardware developer's kit (way more than we can afford), you can upgrade the firmware and write new firmware and upload it.

As long as the remote control will just add a device to the network, even if it won't actually control it, then that's good enough for us. But the USB controller firmeware has to be new enough to support the device classes for the devices you want to use.

Has their been more than one firmware on the controller? I assume there has. The firmeware in mine is a few notches behind the current Z-Wave developer's kit level.

BrianD said:
Here I go again giving links to my competitors B) , Oh well guess I'm glad I have a real job.

Intermatic Z-Wave In-Wall Recepticle - HA01C

Intermatic Z-Wave Screw-in Module - HA05C

http://www.smarthomeusa.com/Shop/Lighting/...termatic-zwave/
Just talked to Art Noparstak, Marketing Manager of Intermatic and this is that he said about the two new modules listed at SmartHomeUSA:
HA05 will probably not be available until November. HA01 will not be available until February.
He still won't release any more information on any of the other modules they are working on or when we might get to see them. And as for the Home Settings Pro line, I haven't heard from Jeff Bovee of Intermatic in a while.

I'll be sure to post if I find out anything more.

The Pod

Back