2 way audio/voice module hummmmm

chrisdias

I managed to hook up my 10A11-1 2way audio/voice module to my Nuvo Essentia and got the mute trigger to work. Dial #832 and I can page the house.

(As a side note, unfortunately the trigger on from the audio/voice module is normally open and the viking slp-1 I use for paging currently is normally closed (as far as i can tell). Whatever they are, they are backwards. I can probably remove the Viking SLP-1 from my system and use the voice module to page the house, it is just a couple extra key presses unfortunatly.)

When i hooked it all up, i got a loud hum coming over the speakers. Anyone else have this problem? I'm afraid of it being a ground loop...

Thanks,
chris

you will probably require a small matching transformer to eliminate the hum. Unless the 2 way module output is specifically designed to connect to an amplifier and provides isolation you'd have a problem...

you will probably require a small matching transformer to eliminate the hum. Unless the 2 way module output is specifically designed to connect to an amplifier and provides isolation you'd have a problem...

update... looks like if i put it on the same outlet as the Nuvo, no hum.

now if i could get the trigger to work!!!! :)

Chris,

The 10A11-1 rev. C Two-Way Voice Module provides a contact closure to trigger a paging input. It should be able to connect directly to the NuVo Essentia system via two wires terminated in a mono mini plug. Some paging inputs, such as I believe Russound, expect a voltage input rather than a contact closure. For voltage inputs, you'll need to use a relay or paging input module.

Chris,

The 10A11-1 rev. C Two-Way Voice Module provides a contact closure to trigger a paging input. It should be able to connect directly to the NuVo Essentia system via two wires terminated in a mono mini plug. Some paging inputs, such as I believe Russound, expect a voltage input rather than a contact closure. For voltage inputs, you'll need to use a relay or paging input module.

Sorry - I should have posted here so others could see the resolution. I did in fact get the trigger to work from the 10A11-1 to the Nuvo Essentia E6G. I took a 3.5mm stereo cable, cut one end off, attached the bare wires tot he 10A11-1 and the plug into the Nuvo. I configured the Nuvo for a closure and it all works.

The problem I was having was that I had a Viking SLP-1 wired to a Nuvo door bell mute device that then went to the Nuvo, that I was trying to integrate the OPII with. The SLP-1 gave me whole house paging, so now I've elimated that from the system and do whole house paging via the OPII. The SLP-1 gave me a few other features but I never used them.

What would increase the WFA though, would be a shortcut for "#832". The SLP-1 only required her to do "#7" when picking up the phone. Any ideas on this?

thanks,
chris

Back