8 or 12 channel IR controllable relay and a 12V 4A Power Distribution Module

shaurya

Hello,

I need to find a relay to turn on/off Monitors (12V DC 4A) with Infra Red. I intend to power these monitors thru Cat4(using all 4 pairs)..disucssed here (12V DC 4A on Cat5)

I also need to find a 12V power Distribution Module that can supply around 4 Amps per channel. Checked ElKproducts.com but couldnot find something that can supply 4Amps.

If there is such a product that can combine both the above mentioned functionality then awesome.

Please help.
Regards,
Shaurya

Checked ElKproducts.com but couldnot find something that can supply 4Amps.

http://www.elkproducts.com/products/elk-p412.htm

You will need something beefy for switching the four amps via relays. If you need an IR interface I do know the Ocelot will work with an external RLY8-XA add on box, but I'm guessing this route is probably more expensive than you want...

THIS site has some cool relay control boards, but nothing I saw was IR (just RF).

Checked ElKproducts.com but couldnot find something that can supply 4Amps.

http://www.elkproducts.com/products/elk-p412.htm

You will need something beefy for switching the four amps via relays. If you need an IR interface I do know the Ocelot will work with an external RLY8-XA add on box, but I'm guessing this route is probably more expensive than you want...

THIS site has some cool relay control boards, but nothing I saw was IR (just RF).

Hello BSR,
This Elk can only power 3 outputs. I need something with around 8 outputs. Any other suggestion..

Great site for the realy boards. Will give them a call about IR relay. I liked your Ocelot route...Little hesitant..Read about the new product called FireCat...not sure if I should wait for it.

Found this 12 channel IR kit. $100 assembled. Any feedback?

Hello keepersg,
Great kits but too many moving parts. would like to have something basic.. Any feedback on the 12 channel IR kit I mentioned above.

Regards,
Shaurya

Shaurya;

Not sure what you mean by this statement:

This Elk can only power 3 outputs. I need something with around 8 outputs

As far as the relay/IR kit board, I'm a little nervous (just a 'gut' feel) about the relays. I mean they rate the relay contacts at 10 amps then make a statement like this:

(never use these relays with more than 5 A of current if you want them last.)

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the specs...

The RLY8-XA Applied Digital add on for the Ocelot uses Potter-Brumfield (spelling?) relays (great brand).

Back