A plugin for Ipod?

Tman1

A search of the HST bbs returns 13 posts that contain the word IPod. Of the thirteen I could only find 2 posts (and several confirmers) that asked for IPod intergration into HS. Not exactly a high grass roots demand. Browsing the board returns more posts than (supposedly) a man can read relating to very little working as well as it did under 1.7.

But hey, we now have a pay for plugin for the hottest SELLING item on Christmas lists this year. Good to know HST has their priorities right.

Later, Terry

Hum. A search here shows that that plugin wasn't written by the HST team. Selective searching? Also the software is interfacing with iTunes so maybe that's why the search was a bit off? Board are we Terry? :eek:

My apoligies to the board for posting an already discussed topic. It matters not who wrote the plugin. HST resources are being utilized toward money making and not product support.

Rupp, if you cant see that move the pom poms from in front of your face. :eek:

(I guess if you put a smiley on it you can say anything you want?)

Rupp said:
Hum. A search here shows that that plugin wasn't written by the HST team. Selective searching? Also the software is interfacing with iTunes so maybe that's why the search was a bit off? Board are we Terry? :eek:
Rupp,

Terry specifically stated he was searching the HST board. The HST board has NO mentions of the new plugin. The HST site & MB has NO mention of who it was written by. Searching the HST board is tricky because searching for "iTune" doesn't find "iTunes". There already appears to be a free iTunes plug-in written almost 2 months ago and it doesn't appear to be HS2 only.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t...50&page=1&pp=20

Tman1 said:
My apoligies to the board for posting an already discussed topic. It matters not who wrote the plugin. HST resources are being utilized toward money making and not product support.

Rupp, if you cant see that move the pom poms from in front of your face. ;)

(I guess if you put a smiley on it you can say anything you want?)
You apology is accepted. I'm sure the author will be happy to be included in the HST resources if they are hiring. I guess all plugin authors should stop writing plugins until HS 2.0 is totally complete? That's funny. :unsure:

Who is this author? Is the author handling 100% of the QA and support for this plugin (so that it has 0% impact on HST)? If not, then I think comments about this new plugin possibly distracting HST resources from their swamped help desk are justified.

Wayne,
When I ask a question to say, Jim, on the RCSX10 plugin it doesn't involve the HST guys at all even though this plugin is "owned" by HST. It's really not that big of a deal and I'm not sure why you guys are making such a big deal over a new plugin.

Yes, if you ASK a question to the author on the HST MB, then I agree with you that that question had no impact on HST resources. But I am still not convinced that this new plugin has had and will have ZERO HST resources involved. Hence the reason that some people are upset about HST's priorities. If HST has contract developers available that cannot work on the HS2 core, then how about a UPB or Insteon plugin for HS1.7? Those have had a lot more public requests than an iTunes plugin.

So, I will ask for a third time... who wrote the plugin? And if you say that it is confidential, then I will ask why you are speaking for HST (or giving the impression that you are speaking on their behalf and leaking insider info)?

Wayne,
The reason there is no Insteon plugin is because they just released yet another major SDK upgrade to fix some serious problems in the last 2 weeks. There is a UPB plugin already. Any yes I have been asked not to divulge who wrote this plugin so I will honor that request. I'm speaking on my behalf and not HomeSeer's. I'm simply trying to state facts that's all. Again why is every one so worried that one plugin is going to change the fate of HS 2.0? BTW have any of you guys tried it?

Rupp,

HST has been totally evasive about their Insteon and UPB plans since many of us began asking what their plans were for HS1.7 almost a year ago and they never would commit (or even comment) on either one. And, NO, there is not an official HST HS1.7 UPB plugin. No offense to MCS, but the xAP UPB method is not officially HST and supported. And if Insteon is so tough, why are there other software packages that support it now?

You tease us with insider info (that it was not written by HST), then you wonder why people assume you are an HST employee?

Have we tried it? AFAIK, it hasn't been released yet. It isn't listed as a plugin on HST's plugin page and it hasn't been mentioned on the HST forums.

Wayne

Horse... dead....beat....why bother?

Those with 2 cents of common sense see exactly what is going on.

It's a loosing battle my friend trying to enlighten those with blinders on.
The software is seriously flawed, and no one seems to care. In fact those lemmings amongst us seem to EMBRACE the issues as a "challenge".

It has been over 3 weeks now since the seriously flawed version 2014 was released, with a promise last week of an impending update. What did we see... an ad for yet another plug-in.

HST you need to fix the foundation before adding the bling. Bling that does not work because of underlying faults within the program is totally USELESS!

Rupp said:
Wayne,
When I ask a question to say, Jim, on the RCSX10 plugin it doesn't involve the HST guys at all even though this plugin is "owned" by HST. It's really not that big of a deal and I'm not sure why you guys are making such a big deal over a new plugin.
So who are we supposed to ask in this case Rupp??

Mr. Thin Air??

Umm, excuse me Rupp the apology was directed to the board, not you. I in no way owe you an apology for anything.

WayneW said:
Rupp,

And, NO, there is not an official HST HS1.7 UPB plugin.
Wayne,
I never said that there was an official UPB plugin? I simply stated there was a UPB plugin.

Back