ACT CR134 Sub for CR234?

BLH

I recently ordered an ACT CR234 and the dealer sent a CR134. Said the CR234s where not in stock and they sent the more expensive CR134.
The instructions indicated it was not for 120/240 volt use but was for 208 volt 3 phase.
The dealer told me is should work as long as I set Switch 4 ON [I believe]; and caped off the third phase lead. This is the newer version with soldered on PC Board wires and not with a barrier terminal connection.
Any feedback and thought would be appreciated.
I got more data from the vendor, who sent me data ACT gave him. I got my answer and it will work.

I would be interested in the information on using the CR134 on 120/240 single phase. I have a CR134 sitting around that I would like to press into service if my CR234 ever dies. Would you please post the switch setting and any other info for using on 120/240?

I recently ordered an ACT CR234 and the dealer sent a CR134. Said the CR234s where not in stock and they sent the more expensive CR134.
The instructions indicated it was not for 120/240 volt use but was for 208 volt 3 phase.
The dealer told me is should work as long as I set Switch 4 ON [I believe]; and caped off the third phase lead. This is the newer version with soldered on PC Board wires and not with a barrier terminal connection.
Any feedback and thought would be appreciated.
I got more data from the vendor, who sent me data ACT gave him. I got my answer and it will work.

The CR234 is basically a CR134 with all the Phase C components not installed.
On the CR134. Wire Phase A and Phase B as the CR234 was. Do not wire Phase C to anything. Cap it off if yours has a wire lead from the board or no wire to the Phase C terminal; if you have a barrier strip connector. Forgot to add what I took for granted. Also connect the Neutral.

Turn Switch #4 ON. Default on the CR134 is all Off. CR234 is 1-3 and 5-8 Off; 4 On.

I did learn one added tip for both the CR134 and CR234. Switch #3. Enables or disables Repeat Previously Repeated signals. In some installations X10 signals bounce back to the repeater and are resent again. It can result in a signal firestorm on the power line. Turning it ON may help. The default is #3 OFF.

This is great information - thank you for sharing. My CR134 just became more valuable (to me).

The product sheet with my CR134 states Switch 4: On=split/single phase system, Off=3-phase system.

If you compare both the CR134 and CR234 Sheets. Both have the same switch functions. The part that was not clear is #4 as it actually sets the unit to single split phase or 3 phase. Though with no Phase C on the CR234 I don't see much use in it.
My vendor sent me some information ACT sent him by Phillip Kingery [Yes the author of the Uncle Phil Tutorials]. Made things clearer.

Back