Add doorbell camera to existing intercom system?

Wife purchased a Skybell for 80 something year old dad, but he has an intercom system (NuTone IM 3303). Their installation notes say it can't be used in conjunction with an existing intercom system. Does anyone know of a way to make it work? Maybe just by disabling the hard wired intercom aspect of the existing system? Or, wired in parrallel where the existing system will continue to work, but the Skybell gets power from existing system?

Or, is there some other alternative other than Skybell that has a similar functionality?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Find the intercom install manual to determine how the front door intercom is wired.

A brief google search shows the Skybell is wired similar to a regular doorbell.

The front door intercom is probably wired with 4 wires running to the intercom master.

Does he currently use the intercom, or just the front door chime?

They don't use the intercom at the front door...can't get up and to one of the stations quickly enough. They do like that each of the stations in the rooms chimes when the doorbell is pressed, but I think a notification t their phone would've a good replacement if it couldn't work with the Skybell.

I've searched quite a bit, and read the install manual for the intercom system. I just can't quite wrap my head around how this would work exactly.

Back