ADT Window/Door contacts

EST

I think I know this answer but I am hoping things have changed since I reviewed past posts. Can these be used w/ the Elk? All my doors and windows are wireless ADT contacts (and serve their purpose now) but I want to be able to incoorporate it into more automation. I really do not want to have to wire the windows and doors if I can use the current contacts. I have no PIRs to worry about.

Thanks
Eric

I'm afraid not :). The only wireless components compatible with Elk are the ITI/Caddx line (preferably crystal based for Elk receiver). ADT wireless is probably proprietary, but I'm not sure. But if they were ITI/Caddx compatible, or if there were some sort of ADT to Caddx bridge or converter (I don't know of one) that should work also.

You might look in the panel, most ADT systems I have seen are Admeco/Honeywell. If so you can look towards a higher end control and use a automation controller that integrates with that.

I have seen some ADT systems that used GE Simon RF stuff, that may well be compatible.

ADT wireless isn't proprietary, they rely on the control to lock their customers in. The receiver and contacts should just be off the shelf parts.

Actually, go take a good picture INSIDE the alarm panel. Somebody here will be able to ID it.

You might look in the panel, most ADT systems I have seen are Admeco/Honeywell. If so you can look towards a higher end control and use a automation controller that integrates with that.

I have seen some ADT systems that used GE Simon RF stuff, that may well be compatible.

I bought a house with a disused (but I tested as functional after buying) ADT panel that's just a re-badged Simon 2. Anyone know for sure if these wireless sensors (I have two PIR and a handful of mag closures) work with Elk? (I'm quite new to this, so apologies if this is a question that's obviously google-able; I couldn't figure out how...)

Back