Aeon Z-Wave Remote (Controller)

HAdiy

I recently purchased 2 Aeon Z-Wave Mini-motes (V1). I've been able to pair them both with my Z-Wave controller (2Gig) successfully and set them up as a secondary controller. When I attempt to add devices (GE light switches and Leviton Fan controllers), a very odd phenomenon is occuring. One of the remotes, will learn all but 1 of the GE light switches. The 2nd remote won't learn any of the devices except the 1GE switch that the first controller won't learn.

Any thoughts on what could be going on? Both remotes apparently were updated with the latest software by the seller.

Thanks.

I finally was successful at adding both Aeon minimote remotes (controllers) to my 2Gig Z-Wave controller. While my learnings are fresh, I thought I'd list them out to save a few headaches in the future for anyone needing to do the same. In fact, I may have to reference this post in the future myself if adding another one.

1) When adding a remote to a 2Gig controller, it becomes a secondary controller. It's NOT a independent remote controller. I think this is good because everything synchs up and status are remembered by the system.

2) # 1 above is important because if you make add or delete a device via the remote, it performs the same function on the main controller. I thought they would be independent of one another.

3) The "all on" and "all off" functions apply to all devices on the network. You cannot segregate those functions to be applicable to devices in a particular room/zone. I attempted to achieve the task of having these functions only work for a particular room by deleting a device on the corresponding remote that would be used in that space, however, the device would get deleted on the main control panel (see # 2 above).

Hope this helps.

Generally, with ZWave, you would add all devices to the primary controller, then any secondary controllers would be updated from the primary.  I didn't think ZWave supported adding devices from a secondary and pushing those to the primary controller.  It's interesting that may have worked for you.

Back