Android based smart hub with zwave & zigbee worth it

Vganz

Hie There fairly new here. I saw this ALYT smarthome hub on Indiegogo the other day. Similar in function to the Ninja Sphere, what really got my attention was its ability to handle almost all popular radio frequency types like Z wave, Zig bee, wifi and the like. The big question is this worth considering for a smarthome solution. Your thoughts please.
Cant post links at the moment but its called ALYT and is on crowdsourcing site indiegogo.

Looks interesting, although I do have concerns with designs like Ninja Sphere and ALYT where the designers seemed to have spent way too much time coming up with a weird shape for the enclosure.  Just give me a simple small box.  It's not like I'm going to be putting it in the middle of the room on a coffee table.

Another day, another crowdsourced save-the-planet-and-automate-everything controller... And for a first-post it sure looks SPAMmy.  Tell me how this is different than all the devices that have millions more in funding that are already all over the net (plus lowes, staples, Comcast, ADT, and everywhere else you turn) - show me more progress (than just what it hopes to become)...

/cynicism

Back