Anybody familiar with the ISY and it's X-10 capabilities?

Have you accessed the Admin Console yet?

Select the "Configuration" tab and check the UPnP checkbox.

If you set a reserved IP address in your DHCP server in your router to fix your ISY IP address then check the Automatic DCHP. If you manually select an IP for your ISY it may conflict with others the router uses.

I have accessed the Admin Console all along.

It is set for DHCP.  I have never had an issue with the IP addresses changing.  It's one less thing for me to get wrong.

Deane Johnson said:
I have accessed the Admin Console all along.

It is set for DHCP.  I have never had an issue with the IP addresses changing.  It's one less thing for me to get wrong.
You stated you didn't know if you could connect to the ISY. If you connected to the admin console then you are connected to it.

So, maybe I am connected to it and all is well.  Perhaps the problem lies with it not talking to the 2413S, so it's not showing up in CQC.

I never did find anything on how to mate the two.

The PLM is invisible, even to the ISY user. It just acts like a smart modem handling protocol details but X10 doesn't really have more than a simple protocol anyway.

The problem is most likely the CQC driver is not formatting the Rest interface password and user encryption correctly. That the most common error with ISY users.

Enter your X10 modules into the ISY and play with them until the interface works.

By the time X10 transmits commands to the PLM and the ISY reads them and then the CQC polls for changes you can most likely expect some big delays. X10 is quite slow to begin with as you must know by now. Transmitting commands from CQC through the ISY and PLM should be somewhat faster.

I'm thinking the PLM is connected to the ISY and working.  The diagnostics is showing the model number so it must be reading it.

I have tried the IP address multiple ways in CQC:

http://192.168.x.xx
192.168.x.xx
and just leaving it blank

I have to figure out now how to add an X-10 device to ISY.

I do not have the A10.X10 firmware module.  Is it necessary?  I won't be doing any programming of the X-10 within ISY, but rather using Isy to interface CQC with the powerline.

I'm not clear on exactly what the set up should be.

I don't know anything about using an ISY and PLM to interface to the power lines using CQC.
I would doubt the added A10/X10 firmware module would be required.

Back