Anyone using Honeywell's Enviracom "protocol"?

beelzerob

I'm getting into crunch time to decide on and procure a thermostat for our new geothermal system/zoning/humidifier. I'm still liking the Honeywell VisionPro IAQ setup, but the difficulty in getting the protocol is legendary. I have C function stubs, and there's a chance at least that I can decipher them to talk to the device...but I wanted to know if anyone out there has actually succeeded in doing so, and mainly getting a feel for how robust the protocol is. thanks

CQC specifically. But at this point, I'm kind of just interested in the "overall" picture of how well the enviracom system works. Change heat/cool setpoints? Indicates which zones are active? Humidity readings? Stuff like that.

Premise has a Honeywell thermostat driver. The driver's source-code is not available but you can use Premise as a test-bed to learn how the driver operates. You could put the driver through its paces (change HVAC mode, raise/lower temperature, etc) and observe what is transmitted and received using Premise's PortSpy.

Is there a page somewhere that details all of the functions you can do with that premise driver? Again, at this point, I'm just trying to learn what the capabilities of the protocol is, not actually try and implement it in CQC. If it's not as robust as I'd like then I'll have to start looking elsewhere.

The driver can support multiple thermostats and scheduling. The attached image shows the properties for a Honeywell thermostat and properties for a scheduled day. There's only one page of documentation and here it is minus how to install the driver:

Honeywell

Honeywell is a well known manufacturer of thermostats and security systems. Based in New Jersey, Honeywell offers system solutions worldwide. Currently Premise Home Control Software supports the Chronotherm thermostats.

Using the EnviraCom in Premise:

You will see a two EnviraCom objects in the Explorer window upon adding the driver:

Thermostats - Right click on the Thermostats object in the Explorer window to add a Chronotherm. Select New > Chronotherm. When the Chronotherm is added it will populate in the Explorer window with: AllDays, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Each day of the week and AllDays will have Wake, Leave, Return, and Sleep objects beneath them in the Explorer window. Click on Wake, Leave, Return or Sleep in the Explorer window and set the properties for each:

Time - The time property allows the user to set what time the desired temperature settings will go into effect.

HeatingSetPoint - The warmest desired temperature setting. The Heating default is 72.00 F.

CoolingSetPoint - The coolest desired temperature setting. The Cooling default is 72.00 F.

FanControl - Choose Not Scheduled, Auto, Circulate, or On.

VentilationControl - Choose from Not Scheduled, Off, LowSpeed, or HighSpeed.

The Chronotherm can be bound to a Thermostat created in the Home shortcut.

Note: The settings for AllDays override any settings for any of the days of the week.

Outdoor Temperature - sensor which takes outdoor temperature reading. Bind to Temperature Sensor in the Home.

Attachments

• Honeywell.png
    Honeywell.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 61
No, and I think from what 123 showed me of its capabilities that I'm going to look for something more open/obvious and possibly capable.

Have you looked at HAI's Omnistat 2? I completed a driver for it last March and have been using it ever since. Have at look at this post to get an idea of what it can do.

Ryan from HAI answered all of my questions about the murkier parts of the Omnistat's protocol and they are documented in the HAI forum.

I am in pretty serious need of a thermostat system soon...I appreciate the link and suggestion!

It shows humidifier info, that's good. Does the Omnistat 2 show zoning info too? I didn't see that referenced.

Back