Haiku Anyone want to "Sell" their apple id with haiku

heffneil

Hey guys - I am going to sell my house and I have a bunch of older ipads running haiku as the keypad.  It is currently logged in as my wife's apple id and I would like to sign them out so they don't have access forever or if we change the password.

I was wondering if anyone bought haiku as like their only app on an apple id they would be interested in selling to me?

Sounds strange I know but I don't know what alternative I have other than replacing all my ipads with more current models and running myro home - which isn't an option in this case.

Thanks!

Neil

Hmmm maybe,.  Does it act as a keypad with push and whatnot?  I kinda doubt it. 

Im sure I will get calls on how to do X or Y.  So I was hoping someone had a apple id they just bought Haiku Helper but stopped using it maybe?

I reached out to apple and they can't transfer the license to a new apple id unfortunately 

Is the software no longer available from Apple?  Can you just purchase a new license for the new owner?  

Its not that. Its that I want to sell the iPads with the house with the app and not my wifes credentials. I might just try making a different product in top like homes assistant.

Do you need to be logged into your Apple ID to use it. I put it on my wife’s phone and it’s a different Apple ID. Can’t remember if I had to log in with mine or not. Because I have the .ipa on my computer that I just put on hers via imazing

That’s weird. I use haiku all the time. Has never asked me to log in. Just has that stupid intermediate server error

I’d probably just set the new person up with the new app Myra home I believe it’s called and have them pay for it. You could just wipe the iPads before selling at that point.

Right i use Myro home on my iphone but these are original ipad - IPAD 1s! they are mounted in the walls.

I thought about wiresharking the intermediate error to try to fix that problem but I don't care enough.

It's tricky trying to sell a home with automation - especially when there are consumer devices in the mix.  Luckily when I sold mine, Elk EK+ was still available... I just paid the $50 and gifted the app to the buyers.  They wanted me to leave an iPad too but I didn't want to deal with the mess of figuring out Apple ID's for them and all that.

yeah no doubt.  If I could re-buy haiku on another account i would do it in a heartbeat.  The problem is the hardware (ipads) are dated so I can't buy myro otherwise I would do that first.  Tough situation for now.

Back