Are you worried about the Corona Virus

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
We haven't had groceries delivered. We would starve waiting the two weeks or more. Even grocery pickup has a waiting list of 10-12 days here. Then you have to find replacements for the 30% that couldn't be sourced by going into the store anyway.

Fast food delivery isn't available due to our semi-rural location. Restaurant bills are really low now. Grocery bills are almost as high but we  are getting our freezer cleaned out for the first time in a long time.

Lots of price gouging going on. I have suspected the toilet paper shortage was done at the supplier end and the canned goods were artificially shorted also to get the prices up.

Hand sanitizer was definitely price gouged and our Ontario Premier mentioned the people and stores names publicly on TV and swore he would lay charges against them. Other good have definitely raised their prices about 20% so it isn't as apparent.

ano said:
I say to those that want to go out and party, please go ahead. Sure, its just like the flu. Please please go out there, with all your other friends that want to go out. Natural selection will take care of the rest. 

While I agree with the "let the idiots vote themselves off the island" perspective, the trouble is they won't die alone.  They'll infect others along the way.  This would tie up needed medical resources for others, and potentially also infect and lead to the death of healthcare workers.

So if they could just, I dunno, use a disinfectant inhaler or syringe and die instantly.... well... no, that would be too dark.  I mean, it's not like anyone would spitball those kinds of ideas publicly, would they?

The issue few aren't paying attention to is potential long-term effects. 

Chickenpox seems like no big deal, right?  Go ask someone that's had shingles.  Having had one quite often leads to the other. 

Now, what if there's a similar long-term effect?  "Just catch it" brings you a surprise decades later?  

One hopes that asymptomatic infection (where you catch it, your cells start shedding it, but then your body fights it off and recovers) will leave no lasting impact on the infected individuals.  

For me the greater concern is the as-yet-unknown reasons why some infections take more dramatic turns than others.  CF-like lung damage, nerve damage (nose/eyes/hearing), blood clotting (strokes), extremity clotting (toes and hands clotting), heart muscle damage.  All of these bring potential life-threatening long-term effects.

That and unlike many other kinds of viruses, science has yet had success creating ones for the corona virus family.  This is a genuinely difficult situation.

wkearney99 said:
While I agree with the "let the idiots vote themselves off the island" perspective, the trouble is they won't die alone.  They'll infect others along the way.  This would tie up needed medical resources for others, and potentially also infect and lead to the death of healthcare workers.

So if they could just, I dunno, use a disinfectant inhaler or syringe and die instantly.... well... no, that would be too dark.  I mean, it's not like anyone would spitball those kinds of ideas publicly, would they?

I say they should try a lacquer thinner nasal spray. Don't worry about the burning and tearing eyes, that just means it's working.

EDiT!

I feel the need to point out that the above statement is sarcasm, meaning don't do that. I feel that it is necessary to point this out in light of the fact that there appears to be some out there who think that drinking Lysol is a good idea.

Mike.

Watch the original statement made by Trump. There was no sarcasm. He was brainstorming out loud. Trump hurt himself badly by attempting to lie his way out of it.

However, Trump did not state, or even imply people should inject or ingest sterlising agents period. He posed a hypothetical question to the medical advisor sitting beside him regarding developing a concept of fighting the disease. Some day this may develop into an accepted medical procedure based on the very concept.
Remember how the medical sheeple ridiculed researchers right out of the country that published stomach ulcers were caused by a bacteria?

Now before anybody gets all bent out of shape, because I know there is an election coming and so many political tyrants will defend any kind of stupidity until the end to support party A or party B, I have never liked Trump's style, I am not an American and I do not vote in American elections. I am not defending Trump. Only making an observation from easy to find videos.

LarrylLix said:
Watch the original statement made by Trump. There was no sarcasm. He was brainstorming out loud. Trump hurt himself badly by attempting to lie his way out of it.

However, Trump did not state, or even imply people should inject or ingest sterlising agents period. He posed a hypothetical question to the medical advisor sitting beside him regarding developing a concept of fighting the disease. Some day this may develop into an accepted medical procedure based on the very concept.
Remember how the medical sheeple ridiculed researchers right out of the country that published stomach ulcers were caused by a bacteria?

Now before anybody gets all bent out of shape, because I know there is an election coming and so many political tyrants will defend any kind of stupidity until the end to support party A or party B, I have never liked Trump's style, I am not an American and I do not vote in American elections. I am not defending Trump. Only making an observation from easy to find videos.

The following article makes it clear that there are a whole lot of people who did take Trump's words to suggest that they should ingest household disinfectants seriously.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/us/politics/trump-inject-disinfectant-bleach-coronavirus.html

Mike.

LarrylLix said:

I watched the session, live.  Not as clips or out of context.  The way he said it was very much the same way he's been on about Hydroxychloroquine.  

Now, you may be smart enough to recognize what was going on, idiotic as it was, but you're not the target audience.

You do a great disservice to your reputation trying to conflate this with the decades of research that went into h. pylori.  

wkearney99 said:
I watched the session, live.  Not as clips or out of context.  The way he said it was very much the same way he's been on about Hydroxychloroquine.  

Now, you may be smart enough to recognize what was going on, idiotic as it was, but you're not the target audience.

You do a great disservice to your reputation trying to conflate this with the decades of research that went into h. pylori.  

If you watched the whole video then you would know Trump never suggested anybody do anything with disinfectants, heat or lights.. He posed a question. "Is it possible...?" several times.

Here's what Trump said Thursday during his press conference:
"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute — one minute — and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors with — but it sounds interesting to me."

Don't let his actual words get in the way of your political obsessions.  :hesaid:

LarrylLix said:
If you watched the whole video then you would know Trump never suggested anybody do anything with disinfectants, heat or lights.. He posed a question. "Is it possible...?" several times.

Don't let his actual words get in the way of your political obsessions.
People have been contacting health officials to ask if it was OK to ingest Lysol. the company that makes Lysol put out an alert telling people not to ingest their products. the news is loaded with accounts of people asking about ingesting household disinfectants.

It has been widely reported by several creditable sources that SOMEone, SOMEwhere, said SOMEthing that led people to consider drinking household disinfectants. Without pointing fingers you must accept that there is a reason that people started calling healthcare pros to inquire about it, NO?

mikefamig said:
People have been contacting health officials to ask if it was OK to ingest Lysol. the company that makes Lysol put out an alert telling people not to ingest their products. the news is loaded with accounts of people asking about ingesting household disinfectants.

It has been widely reported by several creditable sources that SOMEone, SOMEwhere, said SOMEthing that led people to consider drinking household disinfectants. Without pointing fingers you must accept that there is a reason that people started calling healthcare pros to inquire about it, NO?
Political gain obsession. USA has very dirty politics. Canada is getting there.

Illiterates will do all kinds of things to kill themselves.

I read somewhere millenials aren’t getting sick and they eat Tide Pods. Coincidence? Only one way to find out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LarrylLix said:
Canada is getting there.

No doubt with help from folks like you.  

LarrylLix said:
Illiterates will do all kinds of things to kill themselves.

I thought I disliked you before, but that was on a technical level.  Now I'm certain, and no longer just on the technical level.

Back