• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
RAL said:
In the US, far more people have died of Covid-19 (114,000) than of the flu (37,000 on average). Right now, the number is about 3 times the annual average for the flu.  By September, they project that it will likely be 6 times the death toll of the flu.  And it won't stop there.

In the course of just 2 months, Covid went from being an insignificant cause of death, to being the number 1 cause of death in the US.  That doesn't sound like a hoax to me.

The pandemic is not over yet.   Today, there is no cure, there is no treatment, there is no vaccine.  It will continue to infect and kill people. 

https://www.bluezones.com/2020/06/covid-19-straight-answers-from-top-epidemiologist-who-predicted-the-pandemic/
Yes the death rate has passed the seasonal average for flus, especially since all   many flu deaths are now labeled as COVID-19 related. Why are doctors being encouraged to count all flu related deaths as COVID-19 by the US government now? More suspicion for those inclined.

However the infection counts are far from being near the annual averages. 2017-18 winter was claimed to be almost 45 million infections in the US alone, as compared to 2 million positive tests in the USA so far..

There likely never will be a vaccine for the SAR-COV-19. The virus will just mutate and we will start another one. Flu vaccines have not been successful, at this point. They take longer to create than the flu lasts.

Sept-Oct will be the one to watch, according to Spanish Flu watchers predicting a second wave that killed ten times the population as the first wave in 1918. Possibly allowing people to get infected now may create some "herd immunity" and avoid some second wave, or all of it. Nobody will know until it is over. It will be interesting to compare other country infection statistics with different attitudes after it is done.

LarrylLix said:
Yes the death rate has passed the seasonal average for flus, especially since all flu deaths are now labeled as COVID-19 related. Why are doctors being encouraged to count all flu related deaths as COVID-19 by the US government now? More suspicion for those inclined.

All flu is labeled COVID? You just made that up.

LarrylLix said:
However the infection counts are far from being near the annual averages. 2018-18 winter was claimed to be almost 45 million infections in the US alone, as compared to 2 million positive tests in the USA so far..

I don't understand what you are saying here.

LarrylLix said:
There likely never will be a vaccine for the SAR-COV-19. The virus will just mutate and we will start another one. Flu vaccines have not been successful, at this point. They take longer to create than the flu lasts.

Why would I take your word for this? Can you document any of this? Flu vaccines do not kill all flus, they kill many and do a great deal to slow the spread.

LarrylLix said:
Sept-Oct will be the one to watch, according to Spanish Flu watchers predicting a second wave that killed ten times the population as the first wave in 1918. Possibly allowing people to get infected now may create some "herd immunity" and avoid some second wave, or all of it. Nobody will know until it is over. It will be interesting to compare other country infection statistics with different attitudes after it is done.
Again I don't understand all of what you are saying here but I would thank you and yours to go get that herd immunity and save me the trouble.

From the CDC - 2017 - 2018 influenza stats show 61,000 deaths. Most illness was stay at home flu symptoms.

Archived: The content of this page has be archived for historical purposes. The updated preliminary burden estimates for the 2017-2018 season have been update and are available online. The updated preliminary overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 20 million influenza-associated medical visits, 800,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

EDIT - I want to add that vaccines can lessen flu symptoms in those who do contract the virus. Nobody was burying bodies in trenches in major US cities in 2018.

Larrylix

I would love it if you could convince me that I'm wrong about this virus. I've never wanted more to be wrong about anything. I would love to see COVID just magically disappear but I'm betting against it. What happened in New York city should be enough to make people take heed but I guess not.

There is no need to debate this, all we have to do is sit back and wait. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Mike.

mikefamig said:

All flu is labeled COVID? You just made that up.

I don't understand what you are saying here.

Why would I take your word for this? Can you document any of this? Flu vaccines do not kill all flus, they kill many and do a great deal to slow the spread.

Again I don't understand all of what you are saying here but I would thank you and yours to go get that herd immunity and save me the trouble.
"All flu is labeled COVID? You just made that up."

I didn't make that up. I didn't even post that and I didn't ever post the virus was a hoax either.  Somebody else made that up.
Do some research on the death certificate fudging. An angry doctor did post a copy of the 7 page doc online, the US health department sent to every doctor/hospital, but I couldn't find that again, easily. Likely was removed because somebody was embarrassed.  CDC appears to have lowered their flu related death statistics for last winter from what they previously published. They were in the link I posted about 5  20 posts into this thread. 

Here was the top of the duckduckgo search results.
https://canadafreepress.com/article/the-cdc-confesses-to-lying-about-covid-19-death-numbers

Vaccines only mostly stop the flus they are effective for, which are usually the viruses  already done their course.

I am definitely waiting to do my part for herd immunity. Technology will be better, more experience should be available, more equipment should be available, anti viral technology is being concentrated researched a lot, and hopefully I will never get it.  I don't get flu shots and when I do seldomly get a flu, I get sick for a few days. I do get pneumonia occasionally and that is a PITA. Getting older and that can be a concern for pneumonia. Some people don't get flus at all.

For all we know we already have some immunity to the SARS-COV-2 virus already. I would be sure most of us have already had some contact. That would help to build antibodies against it. Here's hoping for all of us.

EDIT: I did post that. MY bad!! That was not what I thought I posted. It should have been "many", not "all". I doubt most doctors will comply with that order.

First a fact then on to some conjecture.  

Mike and others, vaccines do not kill viruses.  They help people's immune systems kill the virus.  Like guns, PEOPLE kill viruses (with their immune systems or disinfectants), not vaccines.  Typing that makes me realize that I guess it is scary that some people of lower-than-average intelligence (not you or anyone here to be clear, you're on this forum after all) might consider drinking bleach, although that's more a problem for the audience than a speaker that didn't exactly say that.  

Second, mostly fact that can be documented but too lazy to cite here, many deaths are being labeled as COVID, even though it wasn't certain.  I suspect it's because healthcare facilities in the US at least are paid more for a COVID patient than others (because we as a country want to provide the monetary resources to address this), and also because why waste a precious resource (test) on a dead person.  So, I doubt many serious people believe that every healthcare facility is in on some conspiracy to inflate COVID deaths.  But they might unknowingly be getting paid to do so.  Or, it's a well-intended policy with these consequences.  

Wondering what's all really going on here, the most plausible explanation to me is that this virus was engineered or developed with a heavy human touch (probably a distinction without a difference for most of us).  It somehow got loose, intentionally, carelessly, or purely accidentally.  Doesn't matter at the moment but will for future geopolitical responses.  It soon became evident that there are "pieces" of HIV in it.  Scary.  

So, intelligence agencies and governments (particularly in the West) get very concerned about this and get health experts involved.  These health experts want to save lives and stop the pandemic so they recommend shutdowns.  But they don't have maybe some combination of the education, training and/or mindset to consider the whole of the shutdown actions.  They're very smart in their fields and they want to save lives and that's their job.  Someone else's job was to say "but what about everything else" and that viewpoint "lost".  

So here we are.  I don't think anyone is saying the virus is a hoax.  Some might say the response is a hoax.  I'm starting to think the West may have been duped into their response.  Does the CCP really allow videos to be released that show people collapsing in the streets?  Spraying offices with teams of hazmat guys and streets with giant trucks using some type of presumably disinfectant solution?  Information is "leaked" intentionally all the time.  Maybe they wanted us to go into total lockdown.  

So, back to some things we know (or that I understand to be facts).  Colds are corona viruses.  The flu is an influenza virus.  We have flu vaccines that show varying levels of success.  We've never had a cold vaccine.  There are other types of viruses (HIV) for which people have been trying to develop vaccines for years, unsuccessfully.  This may be one of those viruses.  

I like science. Ultimately it shines light on and shows us The Truth, but science isn't settled immediately and smart scientists disagree for years.  And we also aren't even being told consistent information from "scientists" and "experts".  For example, in the US, first we shouldn't buy masks (no doubt to prevent hoarding).  Now we should all wrap T-Shirt around our face and call it a mask.  I've seen people knitting masks and others saying - can I buy one?  Dumb.  We also heard from the WHO that asymptomatic spread could be significant and if so, I agree that's a problem.  Later, an official from the WHO downplayed that, only to have the WHO say, something like 'not so fast, it could still be a problem'.  So which is it?  I still have a printout from the CDC showi from I think 2014 that says Ebola could be airborne.  WTF??  You won't find that anymore, and I searched for a retraction but no amount of searching kung-fu could find a retraction or the original.  

I hear helicopters and these red dots are distracting me and someone's knocking at my door.  Talk to you guys later...

Yup, when people's "rights" have the power to trample on other people's "rights", like their rights to life.

According to the Spanish Flu modelling, the second wave is expected to kill ten times as many people as the first wave of outbreaks did. Hopefully this "flattening the curve" will eliminate some of that second wave prediction.

LarrylLix said:
Yup, when people's "rights" have the power to trample on other people's "rights", like their rights to life.

According to the Spanish Flu modelling, the second wave is expected to kill ten times as many people as the first wave of outbreaks did. Hopefully this "flattening the curve" will eliminate some of that second wave prediction.
We can't have a second wave until the first wave diminishes. We are breaking records for new cases nationwide.

In all seriousness, I still don't know what the definition of a "new case" is.  Testing is constantly expanding...  are these "new cases" only people that are actively sick and/or contagious?  Or does it also include the ones that were previously sick, have recovered and/or were asymptomatic, didn't know if it was Covid, were never tested before, etc.  That is, does the "new cases" number also include those who have antibodies from being sick (possibly asymptomatic) maybe months ago and are now a "new case" because they are now officially counted?

Lol. Yeah. I have heard that definition defiance before, and they have had 101 years to get these definitions carved in stone. Hopefully not marble. LOL

OTOH. USA stats did have a small lull in the curve! See how they flattened the curve? Most people think that only applies to the high peaks.

Sent using Tapatalk

carealtor said:
In all seriousness, I still don't know what the definition of a "new case" is.  Testing is constantly expanding...  are these "new cases" only people that are actively sick and/or contagious?  Or does it also include the ones that were previously sick, have recovered and/or were asymptomatic, didn't know if it was Covid, were never tested before, etc.  That is, does the "new cases" number also include those who have antibodies from being sick (possibly asymptomatic) maybe months ago and are now a "new case" because they are now officially counted?
The way I understand it these are new cases admitted to hospitals.

EDIT - I would imagine that all positive test results are counted.

is anyone suggesting that the number of cases is a fictitious number made up to make the virus look worse than it is? These numbers are coming from health professionals and I'm putting my money on them.

carealtor said:
The new cases that are referred to in my previous link refer to the number of previously unknown cases that were discovered in one single day.

Back