Arming Stations

Mike

I'm having wiring run to the entrance for a KP2 keypad. I'm trying to make sure I don't miss anything. If I want to use an arming station, you can have one arming station per keypad and do they need to be wired together? (is the arming station wired to the panel or the keypad?). I'm trying to figure out what I would like to do, and make sure I have the wiring in place since 'the patient will be open'.

Need to clarify terms. Are you referring to a Prox reader connected to a keypad? If so, you can connect a Prox reader to a keypad.

We have coming out a decora plate mounted Arming Station which has a keypad and status LED's called the M1KPAS.

Hmm, I did mean an arming station, but I may be mixing items up. Martin mentioned something awhile back (not sure if this is the same) and I thought the arming stations actually needed to be linked to a keypad (so if you had only one keypad you could have only one arming station).

I may be misunderstanding this, and am just trying to cover my options with wiring since I am opening the walls to put the keypad in. By the way the KP2's look real good, I very much prefer them to the old ones.

Mike,

The Arming Station is basically a no frills keypad. I believe it will wire to the RS-485 buss like a keypad or expander etc.

Thank you. I apparently misunderstood. I was going with 2 cat5e to the door and was wondering if I possibly needed a line to where the arming station might be, if I chose to go that route.

I figured there are 6 conductors for the keypad (I don't plan on a touch panel at this time) and wanted to be prepared for either a touch panel (I doubt this though) or a wired door lock or intercom type addition.

Hmm, I did mean an arming station, but I may be mixing items up. Martin mentioned something awhile back (not sure if this is the same) and I thought the arming stations actually needed to be linked to a keypad (so if you had only one keypad you could have only one arming station).
No, the prox reader at this point needs to be tied to a keypad.

I would still run two cat5 lines to the keypad locations. This way you have the pairs needed to add a themprature sensors or speaker.
Yep. or perhaps a door strike or mag lock.

Back