[Articles] Control your house using SageTV

CT Droid

CT Bot
sagetv.jpg
Until now, the only way of controlling home automation devices with ease using SageTV required you to use HAL and an abandoned SageTV plugin for basic control. It looks like this is changing, as someone has released a plugin for the new version of SageTV (v7), which gives you full access to your home automation setup using the popular Homeseer home automation software. From the description:

View the full article

CT Bot,

sagetv.jpg
Until now, the only way of controlling home automation devices with ease using SageTV required you to use HAL and an abandoned SageTV plugin for basic control. It looks like this is changing, as someone has released a plugin for the new version of SageTV (v7), which gives you full access to your home automation setup using the popular Homeseer home automation software. From the description:

View the full article

Thanks for posting the articile......InControl has been a concept of mine and in the works since Sage v4. With the advent and improvement of the new Sage v7 Plugin Manager, I felt it was perfect time to release a version to the public. This initial BETA version provides the home control aspect of being able to monitor and control HomeSeer devices. I have been able to test it on various configurations, however, based on the capabilities of both HomeSeer and Sage to run on many different platforms and configurations, my primary focus is to get it tested and working on as many as possible.

However, I have many new features planned for the product in future versions:

• Ability to trigger HomeSeer events
  • Ability to add devices directly from Sage (vs. having to do it in HomeSeer)
  • User interface improvements for additional sorting and filtering of devices
  • Ability for HomeSeer to monitor Sage's status (i.e. what's playing, system messages, etc)
  • Ability for HomeSeer to control Sage (i.e. turn extenders on/off, start playing videos, etc).

Thanks,
Michael

Hey Michael, I'll add those planned features to the article.

Are there any plans to support SageTV 6?

Dan,

Hey Michael, I'll add those planned features to the article.

Are there any plans to support SageTV 6?

Thanks for the message. At this point, I would very much like to get to the new features and focus time spent on Sage V7. I will add it to the list and when I get to it will do a pole to see how much interest is there.....

Michael

All,

I have launched a new version of InControl -- 1.2.0. The key new feature is the ability to fire off HomeSeer events from Sage.

Back