[Articles] ELK announces new Honeywell compatible RF receiver

CT Droid

CT Bot
m1xrf2h.jpg
elk.gif
It looks like ELK released the ELK-M1XRF2H wireless receiver which supports the Honeywell 5800 series transmitters.  Check their original annoucement below for more details.

The ELK-M1XRF2H is a Wireless (RF) Receiver and Input Expander for use with the ELK-M1 and ELK-M1EZ8 Controls.  This receiver supports up to 144 wireless zones (e.g. transmitter sensors or points). It is compatible with Honeywell 5800 Series one way transmitters, including door/window sensors, motion detectors, smoke/heat detectors, and keyfobs. Multiple ELK-M1XRF2H receivers can be installed to provide coverage for larger areas

View the full article

Is the only difference between this and the M1XRF2G what brand of sensors they support? That's what it looks like to me. Any advantages of one over the other?

Matt

Is the only difference between this and the M1XRF2G what brand of sensors they support? That's what it looks like to me. Any advantages of one over the other?

Matt

If someone has an existing Honeywell installation they can salvage their RF devices. This is great for someone upgrading a Vista system to an ELK. I have been waiting for this as I have someone with an Ademco system that they want replaced but dont have the money to replace everything.

Back