Can I use Honeywell 5800RP with ELK M1G?

jstjohnz

This is a new install of an M1G to replace an Ademco panel.  I'm going to add an M1XRF2H to my Elk M1G panel to utilize my existing Ademco 5800 series wireless sensors.  Can I use my Honeywell 5800RP repeater also?   I'm assuming the 5800RP will enroll into the M1XRF2H like a 5800 series sensor, but also thinking that maybe the 5800RP is only designed to talk to the Honeywell receiver.

giansiro said:
If you use the Resolution RE124HG will allow to use your Honeywell 5800RP repeater.

The Resolution RE124HG doesn't solve anything for the OP.  He has an Elk with a Honeywell receiver and wants to know if the Honeywell repeater will work with it.  Why would he want to translate to GE protocol ?

jstjohnz said:
This is a new install of an M1G to replace an Ademco panel.  I'm going to add an M1XRF2H to my Elk M1G panel to utilize my existing Ademco 5800 series wireless sensors.  Can I use my Honeywell 5800RP repeater also?   I'm assuming the 5800RP will enroll into the M1XRF2H like a 5800 series sensor, but also thinking that maybe the 5800RP is only designed to talk to the Honeywell receiver.

It should work. Here are a couple of related threads. 

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/25162-elk-m1-with-honeywell-5800rp/

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/21069-honeywell-5800rp-elk/

This is a new install of an M1G to replace an Ademco panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish he needs Translators.

The  Honeywell 5800RP repeater will work fine.

giansiro said:
This is a new install of an M1G to replace an Ademco panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand all that. Since he has 5800 series sensors and wants to connect them to a new Elk panel, why oh why would you recommend that he translate them to GE protocol when the Elk has a Honeywell receiver available?

giansiro said:
Wish he needs Translators.

Are you employed by Resolution or something?

RAL said:
The Resolution RE124HG doesn't solve anything for the OP.  He has an Elk with a Honeywell receiver and wants to know if the Honeywell repeater will work with it.  Why would he want to translate to GE protocol ?
Exactly.

He'd learn the appropriate loops into the M1 and program accordingly for supervision of the 5800RP. Same with the rule of thumb of the repeater itself, it must be well within range of the RF receiver in order to function properly.

Yes. If you have devices "on the fringe" make sure you program the loops for the supervision of the 5800RP. You'll probably want to do some custom actions and text for their annunciation at the M1.

Don't forget, any house code/ID based products and BD suffixed units are a NG on the M1.

Back