audio not clear

v1rtu0s1ty

When my M1 makes an announcement, it's not clear anymore as if she has a problem with her lip. Anyone knows what could cause this?

Actually, I've noticed one word in the beginning. It cannot say the word "Family" properly. But now, others are affected. I don't know if restarting the box would fix it.

Things to look for:
1. Too much load on the Output 1 amp. ie. too many speakers in parallel.
2. Power supply overloaded and causing AC ripple into the amplifier.
3. A speaker is dragging on its magnet and distorting the sound.

Try using one speaker attached to output 1 and see it the sound is better and remove some of the constant current load on the M1 and test the sound.

What did you do just before the sound got bad?

Isnt it illegal for an ELK to drink in most states? :blink:

I would guess it is a wiring problem or what Spanky suggested.....

Spanky said:
Things to look for:
1. Too much load on the Output 1 amp. ie. too many speakers in parallel.
2. Power supply overloaded and causing AC ripple into the amplifier.
3. A speaker is dragging on its magnet and distorting the sound.

Try using one speaker attached to output 1 and see it the sound is better and remove some of the constant current load on the M1 and test the sound.

What did you do just before the sound got bad?
I did nothing. It just became like that. However, it's sounding better now. It's audible. It's perfectly saying the word Living Room but she's still having a hard time pronouncing the word Family. I noticed this the first few days. The sentence that were fine before were improperly announced this morning. It says the time. It says Good morning, then says Wake up :blink:

EDIT: I only have 2 speakers connected to OUTPUT1 and in Parallel as recommended to me about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Check your standby current as Spanky suggested.

Also where did you find the word "morning" in the ELK?

Back