Back to the future...? Elk M1EXP is 24 hours ahead

tonti

Guys,
I just noticed on my logs that the time stamp is exactly 24 ahead. I have tried various time servers now under the the M1EXP setup with the same results. I double checked the Sunrise/Sunset and it is on Central Time (correct).When I synch with my PC under send/receive I can correct it back to the right time but as soon as I 'test' the time sever it will pull the time and places my system back into the future. 
I found this post from 2009 where someone had the same issue but it does not show how it was resolved.

Is anyone out there that can point me to the "duh" moment. 

Happy New Year to everyone!

What is the NTP server being used, NIST?

Firmware and related involved? History of the install?

To me it sounds like Brad steered the OP there to a known functioning NTP server and then needed to see if the DB was the issue, or an error somewhere.

I would suggest similar steps as they were directed by Elk before.

Elk/XEP systemic time problems are exactly why I don't use Elk rules for time based events. I use my Universal Devices ISY for that. I use Elk rules for status events only. BTW I use us.pool.ntp.org

For some reason now the time difference is -7 hours [its actually 8:12 pm and system time is 1:12 pm]. 
Again, I have tried different time servers and now have it on the suggested us.pool.ntp.org. Still the same issue.
I tried different time zones (Western Europe, ..) but what ever I choose the time stays at -7 hours. 

Main Program - V 2.0.24
M1G - V 5.0.24.0
M1Control - V 5.0.24.0
EZ8 Control - V 5.0.24.0 
ElkComm - V 2,0,2,2
ConvertDB - V 1.4.10.0
ElkSafe - V 1.1.10.0
ErrorDlkg - V 1.2.10.0

I was running the ElkRP normally in a Virtualbox Windows XP on my Linux machine. So I thought this may had something to do with it. Now I installed the ElkRP on my wife's Windows 7 Laptop and transferred the account. All works there too but the same issue prevails, still experiencing a -7 hour difference. 

tonti said:
I was running the ElkRP normally in a Virtualbox Windows XP on my Linux machine. So I thought this may had something to do with it. Now I installed the ElkRP on my wife's Windows 7 Laptop and transferred the account. All works there too but the same issue prevails, still experiencing a -7 hour difference. 

If you are using NTP to sync time, the OS and environment will have little or no difference on what time is reflected by the Elk panel; the time would be updated via the NTP server by the XEP module.

Try this process.

1) Connect ElkRP to your panel.
2) Go to the Sunrise/Sunset page (below the Automation section)
3) Click Select City (even if your proper city is already listed), re-enter your City and click "Use these settings"
4) Click "Calculate"
5) Click "Send to Control"
6) Go to the Account Details page, then to the M1XEP setup page
7) Go to the Time Server tab, and select "Test"
   - This will only work if you have a valid NTP server address entered, and proper DNS configured (assuming you are using a hostname vs an IP address).

What message do you get from ElkRP when you do this? Do you get an error, or a clock updated successfully message?

EDIT: Do you have DST enabled on the Globals (G01-G05) page?

tonti said:
Update the M1 and XEP firmware. The version you are running is very old and Elk has made many updates since specifically for DST issues. Just upgraded using XP/7, not W10

drvnbysound said:
1) Connect ElkRP to your panel.
2) Go to the Sunrise/Sunset page (below the Automation section)
3) Click Select City (even if your proper city is already listed), re-enter your City and click "Use these settings"
4) Click "Calculate"
5) Click "Send to Control"
6) Go to the Account Details page, then to the M1XEP setup page
7) Go to the Time Server tab, and select "Test"

What message do you get from ElkRP when you do this? Do you get an error, or a clock updated successfully message?

EDIT: Do you have DST enabled on the Globals (G01-G05) page?

This is exactly the same procedure I have been doing and testing for some time, no resolve.
I also tried different time zones, i.e. Africa but the tie does not change.
The message from the test is: "Test passed. The control's clock was updated successfully."
I tried DST enabled and disabled - no difference.

I will update the firmware as suggested and keep you posted.

Upgraded to the latest firmware for the M1G, woke up the entire house due to 2 minutes of constant beeps....  :mellow:
Guess what - it works now. Thanks everyone for your help. 

Back