Can Elk M1 speak the value of a counter?

AnotherOne

I'd like to announce the minimum nightly temperature at wake up time. It's pretty easy to write rules to capture the minimum temperature into a counter, but how do you speak that counter's value?

Thanks!

That's a good question, and I can't remember if you can do this or not, but hopefully someone can try this and report back.

Perhaps there is a way to do it with an Elk MV-480 "Magic Module". I have not researched this, but at first glance, it looks possible.

I would like this feature on an ELK-M1-System too.
Therefore I already emailed this (and some other thoughts) to the company (to Brad Weeks?). Must be this year in late spring. The email should be on my PC in Texas, - but now I'm in Germany for some more weeks. So I cannot tell exact detail of this mail.

The answer from ELK was positive, - however they couldn't tell a time when this is realized.

IMHO this (by itself) shouldn't be a big effort. Because all the words are already in the datatbase. And a command for a response like "counter 0 4 shows 0 2 7 5 units" or "minimum temperature was 6 8 degrees" or something else should an easy thing to add on.

OK, - both, the software for the embedded system in the ELK-M1 must be upgraded and also the ELK-RP-prog (which seemes a Visual Basic Prog) must become a little enlarged.

Maybe Spanky knows more ;-)

Can counter values be sent out as ASCII? At least then an external PC could speak the values. The need to speak counter values is one of the key things requiring me to hang on to my Stargate despite the fact that I am also installing an M1.

I thought they could be sent out, it has been a while since I have done any HA programming.

murphy said:
I would like this feature on an ELK-M1-System too.
Therefore I already emailed this (and some other thoughts) to the company (to Brad Weeks?). Must be this year in late spring. The email should be on my PC in Texas, - but now I'm in Germany for some more weeks. So I cannot tell exact detail of this mail.

The answer from ELK was positive, - however they couldn't tell a time when this is realized.

IMHO this (by itself) shouldn't be a big effort. Because all the words are already in the datatbase. And a command for a response like "counter 0 4 shows 0 2 7 5 units" or "minimum temperature was 6 8 degrees" or something else should an easy thing to add on.

OK, - both, the software for the embedded system in the ELK-M1 must be upgraded and also the ELK-RP-prog (which seemes a Visual Basic Prog) must become a little enlarged.

Maybe Spanky knows more ;-)

This old thread suggests Elk (Brad Weeks) was planning to add the ability to speak counter values to the M1 firmware. Does anybody know if that ever happened? I'm just trying to create a verbal alert to tell me how many times water softner has cycled this week. If this was never added then I'll implement the tracker in Stargate instead.

Back