Can't delete M1XIN zones, can't add Areas...

TriLife

Greetings;

I recently had to replace my M1 Gold and M1XEP. 5.3.10 and 5.0.46 respectively. RP is 2.0.40.

Once I received the new units, I updated the SN in the M1XEP, found the new M1XEP IP and uploaded the DB to the panel. Initially it didnt want to receive all of the data. I didnt think much of it at the time.

Today I decided to add some additional sensors to the system (hardwired). In the process of wiring them, the DIP switches of one of the M1XIN moved and I couldnt get the sensors to work. When I tried to ENROLL, #04 showed up as #11 and I ended up with a 16 new zones, which I dont have. I corrected the dip switch positions to #04 and reinrolled. All is working, EXCEPT:

Whenever I log on with RP, it shows the 16 zones of M1XIN #11 still in the SYSTEM. When I tell the conflict resolver to upload the DB into the panel, it refuses, because those zones dont exist

So I tried downloading the #11s 16 zones into the DB, saved/disconnected/reconnected. Then I right-clicked the hardwire #11 and asked it to REMOVE. I can tell from the dialog box that it is removing from the DB and SENDING to the panel. So far so good. I do a save and check for conflict. The same non-existent 16 zones show up again!

I also configured the dipswitches to #11, re-enrolled, synced and deleted by right-clicking. No dice.

Any ideas?

The next problem is similar. I had an AREA 6 with my previous panel. When I did the original sync, it didnt want to upload it to the panel. It says that it is uploading and if I do a download, it does do it too. But once I disconnect and reconnect, it shows the conflict again, saying that Area 6 doesnt exit on the the system I tried deleting it from the DB and adding again. I also tried adding areas 7&8. Same behaviour

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Cheers!

I'm not sure I quite follow what you did.  I think you said that you changed the DIP switches on the M1XIN from 04 to 11 by accident, and it got enrolled as 11.   Then, you changed the switches back to 04. but now #11 still shows up in the configuration.  Did I get that right?

In RP2, in the left pane, do you see two entries for hardwired expanders?  That is:

Hardwired - Exp 4
   Hardwired - Exp 11

If so, did you right click on Exp 11 and then select "Remove  Hardwired - Exp 11" from the drop down?  

Hi @Ral,

Yes, that is correct. Right-clicking to remove #11 seemingly works, until I do a check or i log off and log in again. Then the #11's zones show up as a conflict...

The reverse happens with the Areas. I add Area 6 and send it to the panel. After a log off, it's not here any more...

The next thing I would try is checking the installed modules by using the keypad.  You can see them through the Bus Enrollment menu. 

I think you will find that only module 04 is there, and not module 11. If that's the case, that's good... the M1 really knows what is connected. 

In that case, I think your conflict occurs because the RP2 database says there is a module 11, and the M1 knows there isn't.  

I think what you need to do is a receive from the M1 and get the database back in sync with the M1.  You might want to create a new account and do the receive into the new account rather than risking screwing up the current account.  Once you've done a receive, you can check if it still shows module 11 or not. 

RAL said:
The next thing I would try is checking the installed modules by using the keypad.  You can see them through the Bus Enrollment menu. 

I think you will find that only module 04 is there, and not module 11. If that's the case, that's good... the M1 really knows what is connected. 

In that case, I think your conflict occurs because the RP2 database says there is a module 11, and the M1 knows there isn't.  

I think what you need to do is a receive from the M1 and get the database back in sync with the M1.  You might want to create a new account and do the receive into the new account rather than risking screwing up the current account.  Once you've done a receive, you can check if it still shows module 11 or not. 
Hello RAL

Here's what I ended up having to do to get the system to stop sending me inexistent zones:

1- reboot the system with a G45-99 command from the keypad.
2- power down and power it back up, including all the M1XIN's.
3- upload the database to the system.

Now the phantom zones are gone, but I still cannot add Area 6 (nor 7 or 8 for that matter). When I send them to the system, it accepts them, if I receive them it also brings them in. But as soon as I do a "check conflict", it flags the area as non existent. Weird.

I have a post on the ELK forum, I'll update, once this is solved.

Thanks again for your help.

Follow up on the AREA problem.

Here's what I was told by ELK:

"Assign one Zone  Definition 16 Non-Alarm, Type 2 – Normally Open and retest"

That worked. The whole panel is up and running again!

Glad you found a way to make it work.  I usually put off doing a factory reset as a last resort, but sometimes it is easier than spending all the time to find some other way. 

When you first tried to configure Area 6, did you not define and zones in it?  I haven't played much with more than one area, so it's good to know that you need to at least define one zone per area.

Hello RAL,

The previous panel had Area 6 (camera triggers) defined, but didn't have a zone assigned to it. So I'm somewhat puzzled as to why transferring this database to the new panel would cause it to refuse to save it in such a weird way...

Lesson learned: make sure each area has at least one zone assigned to it (def16, non alarm, normally open).

Thanks again for your help RAL.

Back