Cars powered by compressed air

That is pretty kewl indeed. I saw it on "Discoveries this Week" on the discovery channel. I recommend that show to anyone with a PVR, and to get s season pass.

I've always thought that the cars in the Washington DC area could be powered by all the hot air generated on capital hill. :blink:

It looks like "Discoveries this Week" is on the Science Channel, and not the Discovery Channel itself. Figures. They put the good shows on the channels that I don't get with my standard cable (not going to go digital). It used to be on Discovery, once upon a time.

With the Discovery and Learning channels, I get to see interior decorating shows and people building motorcycles while simultaneously arguing with each other.

It's on a digital channel? damn, I only use the regular cable service with my DVR (or I would have to buy a set top box for each tuner).

electron said:
It's on a digital channel? damn, I only use the regular cable service with my DVR (or I would have to buy a set top box for each tuner).
At least with my service, it's only available if you have the set-top box. Don't know about others.

I was really, really happy when my service changed [1] and I could use my cable-ready TV without a box. I don't want to go back to the box.

[1] When I first moved here, you needed a set-top box with two cables (A and B ) coming into it.

Sorry for the dealy, yes you are right it is the Science channel. I set the Tivo for a season pass a few months ago, and havent had to deal with finding it since ;)

I don't know the line up for other networks, so I am no help there. I went with Direct TV 2 years ago and have NEVER once looked back to cable. Durring the hurricaneS in September, we were without power 3 times. With an inverter, and a long cord ran to the car, We were able to watch TV on a 13" color TV. (I didnt even TRY to power my 65" off the inverter!! hehehe) The neighbors were without cable for weeks ;) I get about twice the channels as I did with cable, and it's $12 a month cheaper. Now throw in the free 100 digital commercial free music channels, and that tops it off.

Of course the best part was that all 3 set top boxes for the rooms, and then the Tivo for the living room were ALL free with a 1 year contract. On the one year anniversary of the install, they gave us all the HBO and Shotime channels free for 4 months.

The Downside, I had to dedicate a satelite set top box just for the MCPC, as there are, and probably never will be satellite tuner cards for the PC ;)

Back